• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I've got the Dart transmission finally leak free and put a new NOS trim piece on the '64 today. Filled the transmission again on the Bird after doing all the seals and pan gasket. Think I finally have it leak free after sealing the rear servo pivot pin with PRC, so I moved it to make room in the shop! Now I really need to get this pigsty cleaned up !
1964dodge440spring2022pt2 092.jpg

superbirdspring2022leaks 391.jpg

superbirdspring2022leaks 424.jpg

superbirdspring2022leaks 436.jpg
superbirdspring2022leaks 438.jpg

Last edited:
Last few days and today. On second attempt to fit H-pipe to exhaust manifolds think I got it.:praying: Removed and welded it up, tack weld under car ugly. Put H-pipe in and installed kickdown bellcrank and stud. Forgot to disconnect return spring on K Down on carb so putting rod and clip a pita. My lazy a$$ fault.
IMG_2061.JPG

Pulled the wheels one at a time, gave the tires a good scrubbing, polished the wheels, dried them in the sun and put on a coat of tire shine.
20220424_152706.jpg

Last edited:
Recently finished a TKX 5 Speed install with new DD gauges, tilt steering column and steering wheel.
Most of these part were ordered over a year ago, it took that long for the back-ordered transmission to eventually ship.

sUYJTgn.jpg

Washed up and ready to drive.
RnDBI89.jpg

Been a long time coming and worth the wait & effort, the car is so much more fun to drive making the motor and driver MUCH happier.

I welded new wheels on my rotisserie the other day, and put the Charger back on it. Now I can move it around to work on it outdoors as well.
Today I wheeled the chassis out of the garage for the first time this year.

IMGP2500.jpg

IMGP2497.jpg

Squirt it off and heading to the first show of the year, for me. I'm really in some pain from my knee-revision surgery.. and we'll see how long I last.

Duster 5-14-22.jpg

Last edited:
Installed bellhousing, starter and header to check starter clearance.
2DCCC0D5-AAD2-4F04-8939-862315EB59CC.jpeg

Then installed new shifter and adjusted the shift rods.
70835B6E-20DB-46E9-AC9A-1659F9CB8351.jpeg

Drilled wholes for max wedge scoop. Now to finish up the scoop for paint.

Swapped a very noisy (although new) A/C clutch off the car for a used one off of a compressor I had in the attic. The used one is less noisy. Unfortunately, I bought the compressor and clutch years ago. So, although it was brand new out of the box, it was long out of warranty.
20220520_132659.jpg
20220521_124140.jpg
20220521_124129.jpg

Made up some pieces to use for lifting the front of the car to put the engine in. Then removed the K Member, bolted the engine and transmission together and set them onto the K member.

EED48E75-1C7E-4AEC-9BD9-5643CFF102F6.jpeg

38156379-8F04-48C3-896C-08C4EE9FE222.jpeg

Took the Charger out for a ride today and went to an old friend’s house that I haven’t seen in a couple years.

28449908-A500-476C-BCB1-99ADFB70D226.jpeg

I don't usually post about what I did (if anything lol) to my Mopar today.... anyway worked on some Honey-Do stuff this weekend, then decided its high time I got started protecting the underside of the `64 Belvedere... I thought it was pretty clean so I figured it would be easy to jack up the car as high as possible and steam clean the underneath.... Not to go off-track, but SOMEDAY I`m gonna be able to wheel the whole four post lift out front of the barn and do stuff like this with ease, but we aren't there yet. So, I put the car up on stands and crawl under, in the gravel mind you..... and steam clean many, MANY years worth of road dust, grime and grease off the driveshaft tunnel, k-frame, floorboards and rear axle area of the car..... I really can't get over just how solid an all original `64 car, can be.. So, I probably have pneumonia now, but the bottom of the car looks amazing!!! Everytime I stopped to let the steam clear, i`d see a way to hit it with a little different angle and keep going to get more and more grime and road dirt....
So, the plan now is start coating the uncoated bottom with Clear POR15 and then White Top-Coat, since it's a white car. If anyone has a lick of advice or just a hint of experience to share, I would surely appreciate!! This car's just too nice to make a mistake on... I`ll get some pix of the progress coming up....
Play on!

Driving to and from a car show this past weekend, it looked as if my hood latches were barely adequate to keep my hood from flying open. So, after paying my body guy to fill in the hood pin holes, I had to bite the bullet and drill through my fresh paint to install hood pins for my peace of mind.
20220619_153829.jpg
20220619_155039.jpg
20220619_155917.jpg
20220619_165016.jpg
20220619_190944.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back