• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Drove the 64 D100 to pay bills and get parts. Made it 10 miles to the edge of town and slowed down for a right turn to another 2 lane road. Down shifted to 2nd, eased out the hydro and was in no hurry and got a bad vibe at a very low rpm and ground speed. Said, a bit fast for a tire vibe,...bout right for a U-joint. So left it at that low rpm, added flashers to the scenario, and drove a good mile before I could find a good place to get of the road. One Rear U-joint inside clip must've came off cause that cup was long gone.

Called a new buddy (now) for his roll back and back home we go. Grabbed another vehicle and lets try this again,... with a new part on the list.

Drove the 64 D100 to pay bills and get parts. Made it 10 miles to the edge of town and slowed down for a right turn to another 2 lane road. Down shifted to 2nd, eased out the hydro and was in no hurry and got a bad vibe at a very low rpm and ground speed. Said, a bit fast for a tire vibe,...bout right for a U-joint. So left it at that low rpm, added flashers to the scenario, and drove a good mile before I could find a good place to get of the road. One Rear U-joint inside clip must've came off cause that cup was long gone.

Called a new buddy (now) for his roll back and back home we go. Grabbed another vehicle and lets try this again,... with a new part on the list.
Nice save. I have always said, if you are going to drive an old car, it helps to have good diagnostic abilities.

64 D100 - more rust fixes
20240518_151356.jpg
20240518_160921.jpg

20240518_180615.jpg

I can rebuild a Holley or an 833 in the dark, but I'm no body man.
@eldubb440 taught me everything I know.:lol:

I replaced my crappy chrome air cleaner with an unsilence. Not sure if this was an actual option for non airgrabber GTX in '69. But certainly matches black Mopar Performer valve cover and of course the Orange engine paint.

I had to loosen wingnut. Replace unit. Then tighten wingnut. So It's Miller time!

20240518_202630.jpg

Last edited:
All my power windows are working now. I still have to put the rear seat back in. I changed leaking valve cover gaskets, and changed the oil. I added GM's Engine Oil Supplement, and put a Wix oil filter on.

I glass beaded a pair of backing plates for my new Strange Engineering Dana 60 that is coming in this week!

changed the power valve as this cam has way more vacuum than my .509 did...I lost the return spring so I figured I would fix the few bad plug wire ends....turns out my 27 year old wires have cracks all over them. I did drink about a 6 pack after i found the bad wires. this started on friday night and was done last night....and since its a dodge , the 04 3500 cummings was leaking rear end lube and it turns out the differential cast iron is rotting out at the bottom so it got JB weld until I can find another rear end. I did watch my kid rotate the tires on the 3500, that was fun. I did go to Mancini racing for some parts and will have to go back for wires Monday. sorry for the ramble

Stared at my 16 year olds 66 belvedere II 273 contemplating pulling engine or pulling heads and crankshaft with engine in car due to #1 piston connecting rod spun bearing. Crank needs machined. And new piston rod and bearing. We want to get it driving as fast as we can so he has it fir summer and his new summer job.

Stared at my 16 year olds 66 belvedere II 273 contemplating pulling engine or pulling heads and crankshaft with engine in car due to #1 piston connecting rod spun bearing. Crank needs machined. And new piston rod and bearing. We want to get it driving as fast as we can so he has it fir summer and his new summer job.
It sounds like it is time to find a nice 360.

Got caught by my wife sanding on the hood of the 67 GTX when I was supposed to be sanding the sub box on the pontoon boat. I explained that I had to wear out the sandpaper that was already on the sander before I could switch the paper to the proper grit for the speaker box. Not sure if she believed me. She just walked away.

Drove the Charger to work yesterday - nice day, sunny, lots of "that thing is sharp" comments sitting at lights downtown.

Put a new O2 sensor in the Wrangler today. Bank 1 sensor 2 threw a "circuit low" check engine light. Cleared it, came right back...sensor kaput. New sensor, cleared the code....no more light. Glad it wasn't a wiring issue.

My much awaited delivery from Strange Engineering arrived yesterday afternoon! A big heavy beautiful brand new Dana 60 rear axle!

20240521_210136.jpg

The new Dana 60 got cleaned thoroughly and got a nice coat of primer today, it will dry until tomorrow night and get a coat of semi gloss black.

20240523_175723.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back