• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Walked around my '69 to start packaging about 40# of fresh silver salmon with the vacuum packer. you gotta love silver season in AK...monsoon's and cool!

I have been cleaning and painting. Made a handle for installing the cam. Wrong color orange for this build so repainted the block too. Finally bolting some parts together. Ready to flip it over and start on the top half!

Attachments

• IMAG0876.jpg
    IMAG0876.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMAG0877.jpg
    IMAG0877.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMAG0879.jpg
    IMAG0879.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMAG0880.jpg
    IMAG0880.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0883.jpg
    IMAG0883.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0884.jpg
    IMAG0884.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG0886.jpg
    IMAG0886.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMAG0896.jpg
    IMAG0896.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMAG0897.jpg
    IMAG0897.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 237
Nice work.
I tryed to sell mine !
I'm having problems trying to figure out what car I rather have .
It lives another day in the shop.also ordered door and hood hinges (getting ready for paint)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and sent out the booster to be rebuilt.

Made myself a cradle to sit it in. Will use it later on to store the original engine.

Now I need to check if the numbers hold out. Have to get some modeling clay. Also need to check valve springs on the heads I bought for right tension. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• IMAG0898.jpg
    IMAG0898.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG0899.jpg
    IMAG0899.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG0901.jpg
    IMAG0901.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG0903.jpg
    IMAG0903.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 228
Yanked the power booster yesterday and sent it in for a rebuild, damn thing crapped out on me in the middle of the Woodward Dream Cruise last Saturday.
Those top bolts are harder to get to than I remember, I might have to pull the cluster to get them back on.

Gentlemen,
Went to a "resonably" local car show, about 25 miles away. The trip to / from destination was VERY hot but uneventual. Upon arrival in the town, I inquired as the location of the show. No one seemed to know; I inquired with the local police....answer..."the park". Being somewhat sarcastic, I told the officer, that they needed a sign with directional arrows and that the town was not the center of the universe and outsiders needed a little help. The response was: "HUUH".... Enough said....
Upon returning home and after a cool down, I pulled a couple of spark plugs to see how the engine was running...the trip was about 25 miles each way @ 3200 RPM. Every thing looked OK. Light tan color the entire insulator nose. I use Champion UJ-11G gapped at 0.032". BTW.. I use to use an MSD C6 system and have used for many years an OEM Prestolite dual point distributor with a Mopar coil.....no need for any fancy stuff...I can buzz the engine to 6800 RPM with out any point bounce or high speed miss....my opinion....its just like buying organic foods....you just pay more .....
Cheers,
RJ RENTON

Replaced the diaphragm in my Brunner compressor pressure switch, works fine now. Cut two rust spots out of the hood frame and welded in new metal, cut and welded in closeout panels on underside of hood frame. Grinding, cutting welding fixing.....yup, good day.

I happy to say my GTX is a pubic hair away from hitting the road again. For anyone that cares to remember I'm having it refreshed in my hometown of Minneapolis. Paint is done - color sanding and buffing is done. Just need to refit the chrome trim and emblems and she should be ready to go. I'll be going up,there in a couple of weeks to take possession. It's been awhile and I'm pretty stoked to get her back.

Have fun man, that's great. I hope that you have a real nice day of weather for it. Enjoy.
I happy to say my GTX is a pubic hair away from hitting the road again. For anyone that cares to remember I'm having it refreshed in my hometown of Minneapolis. Paint is done - color sanding and buffing is done. Just need to refit the chrome trim and emblems and she should be ready to go. I'll be going up,there in a couple of weeks to take possession. It's been awhile and I'm pretty stoked to get her back.

Well Ididn't do anything to the car itself but I did get some if it's new brake parts in .my 4 wheel disc brake stuff from wilwood finally showed up (at least half of the kit did)
View attachment 272774IMAG1303_BURST001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered over 5 months ago guess there busy
When I ordered they said it was all in stock. Shipment two should be here in a week I was told
Along with the rebuilt booster I'm told
I can't wait then the car will be going into paint at the end of the month

Pulled the cover up and gave her a smack on the *** while the guy I sold my harley to for a tidy profit rolled off into the sunlight.

I finished up my hood scoop mod this morning. It fits real nice too... no tension on the hood or the scoop, it just drops right on with no light leaks under the wall. I was going to use a thin piece of rubber or foam to make up for any minor fitment errors, but in the end it turned out so well, that won't be necessary.

what I did to the car today!

WIN_20150417_113745.jpgFinally got the car registered, took it for a drive to get gas. The 456s are a little much. First time this car has been registered since 1968!!

Finally got the car registered, took it for a drive to get gas. The 456s are a little much. First time this car has been registered since 1968!!

Wow, car looks great! Was it a race car? Please let us in on the story how it wasn't registered for all those years - it must have very low mileage...

Got my new hood hinges delivered from Summit

Ordered these on my return trip from Canada - and the MoparFest - and got them delivered yesterday . . .

View attachment 273163

Now to finish up all my metal work so I can start putting it all back together ! ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back