• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Forgot to post pics, plus I started to sew up the mini tub project finally. I got interested in the hood fab work. Anyway the frame is all cleaned up and ready for Eastwood rust converter after which I will install the stiffeners up each side channel before I put the skin back on.

IMG_1034.jpgIMG_1031.jpgIMG_1028.jpg

Been a busy little camper in the shop today:

1) Drilled holes for and attached the six trim pieces that go on the hood and cowl of one of my '68 D100 pickups

2) Pulled apart most of the rest of the front of the 318 in my lowered '68 D100, to finish the timing set replacement tomorrow

3) Partially disassembled the DS door card on the '66 Imp convertible, to prepare to R/R the DS door power window motor.

4) Gazed intently at the '66 Coronet. Tomorrow, I'm taking it out for a short spin.

Wow, car looks great! Was it a race car? Please let us in on the story how it wasn't registered for all those years - it must have very low mileage...

Yes, it was a race car shortly after it was purchased, raced till 1979 and then put in storage when I purchased it in 2011. It shows 8800 miles.

Ah the old heater box ,uhhhh I hate digging in to those . I actually need to do mine soon I have two that need some help at least one was a garage keeped car all it's life so it shouldn't be to bad.

Oh and I looked at my car and decided to start on the motor refresh sorry no pics yet maybe on the finish product .I was pleasantly surprised as I was given a hand written list of stuff in my motor guy lost all the receipts so he just wrote it all down and he was telling the truth all forged internals with an eagle crank and rods Ross pistons crane cam and lifters crane roller rockers 1.5's
2.02 valves and a few other goodies some more head work and motor work so I'm just tossing some new seals in and painting it.pics to come

Oh the luxury of owning a classic.

- - - Updated - - -

what did 'I' do today? ........hmmmm well I got a call from Discount Tire.

Let's say the background is that I've been doing business with them since 1985. Recently I've purchased tires for my daughters car, wifes car....and my truck. I'd say I'm up to at least 2500 with these cats. Some background .... I met the VP at a Houston Rockets game. Now funny he wants my business account but not so responsive when "I WANT TO SELL HIM SOMETHING".

So I buy the 68 Satellite...order my new tires and wheels. "sir we will place the order and it will be shipped next Tuesday" Well seems fair enough to me. EXCEPT that was 4 weeks ago. Today a manager calls me and explains that when they receive "CUSTOM MADE WHEEL ORDERS" ....that it can take up to 6 weeks. I attempt to politely explain people order these wheels ALL THE TIME...and its not custom order. WELL he continues as if this will explain away the delay and long azz time for them to respond.

I WAS NOT happy.

Mine as well, 45 year pump with a seal leak oh well lol firm fell or borgeson on the list of the things to get.

Mine gave up the ghost the just the other day while goin for a drive. Some steering wheel vibration then nothing, no more power steering, babied it home. Time to visit the local pick and pull ha.

I do like Firm Feels products though, had a Stage III power chuck in my Coronet. Muy bueno!!! Night and day. Will go same route in the Satty if I end up keeping it.

Oh the luxury of owning a classic.

- - - Updated - - -

what did 'I' do today? ........hmmmm well I got a call from Discount Tire.

Let's say the background is that I've been doing business with them since 1985. Recently I've purchased tires for my daughters car, wifes car....and my truck. I'd say I'm up to at least 2500 with these cats. Some background .... I met the VP at a Houston Rockets game. Now funny he wants my business account but not so responsive when "I WANT TO SELL HIM SOMETHING".

So I buy the 68 Satellite...order my new tires and wheels. "sir we will place the order and it will be shipped next Tuesday" Well seems fair enough to me. EXCEPT that was 4 weeks ago. Today a manager calls me and explains that when they receive "CUSTOM MADE WHEEL ORDERS" ....that it can take up to 6 weeks. I attempt to politely explain people order these wheels ALL THE TIME...and its not custom order. WELL he continues as if this will explain away the delay and long azz time for them to respond.

I WAS NOT happy.

did you tell them it was for the Satty, or just give them the measurements that you wanted?

I replaced the intake gaskets on my Sport Fury. Ron

411609464.jpg

Lovingly bought and accepted delivery in a top quality California Car Cover so I can tuck my baby in at night and stroke her when not in use. Also got the 4 wheel well lip chrome pieces on as best as can be expected as they were repops. Also bought a California Car Duster - one for the outside and a mini for the inside. I just can't show enough love for that car. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I caught the last Show and Shine at the Atlanta Speedway. Took the old Dodge around the Speedway then watched drag racing. What a blast. Between watching the fuel and temp gauges forgot to take pics. But here's the buddy seat I recovered by myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 171
Nothing, but got to cruise in my friends RT for a while last night [emoji41]
73041493192e316153d4112e5a50659f.jpg

Got the front of the 318 in the D100 buttoned up. Still need to paint the intake and do some detail work, plus change the oil/filter and refill with coolant. I have only driven this truck 22 miles in the last three years since I bought it, so I really want to get this back on the road!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back