• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Finally got front end right, changed back over to a-body LCAs. Now bump steer is perfect with equal length tie rods, I had to add 3/4” to drag link (cut two and welded back). Not sure how or why it was done from factory like that. Now steering wheel is centered, wheels have 1/8” toe in on bounce and jounce. Happy happy. I dislike how the tire kicks out at bottom on a wheel stand, one of my goals to fix. Second pic is normal height, first is all the way down on rubber, please disregard the mess. Hard to see but both are straight ahead.
BTW there are no rubber or poly bushings anywhere in the suspension

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cleaned taped off and sanded the black on the taillight bezels in preparation for paint.

79A00B7E-7C77-4037-8BF4-BA4CD2A4B97C.jpeg
D708E3C1-B453-4EAE-A91C-4625EDE30D95.jpeg

ACE2FB51-46C8-4174-905B-BDA86D95AC31.jpeg

That's a lot of meticulous masking! Have you considered using a brush-on masking fluid for intricate details?
Personally, I have not, although I'm thinking about it. So I thought I'd ask. It seems to be best for light overspray though, so I'm still looking at other things.

Last edited:
That's a lot of meticulous masking! Have you considered using a brush-on masking fluid for intricate details?
[/URL]
Personally, I have not, although I'm thinking about it. So I thought I'd ask. It seems to be best for light overspray though, so I'm still looking at other things.

I have not looked at the brush on masking. I am not sure I could get as straight of an edge brushing.

I use the 3M vinyl pinstripe tape first to get a nice straight edge then go over it with the automotive masking tape. I have done enough masking that it didn’t take me that long to do both of them.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40070572/

DMV WHAT A NIGHTMARE !! Get this,a few weeks ago I went to register my 63. The girl had to go to her supervisor 4 times for answers.
One problem was they couldn't find the MSRP. The car is 60 friggin' years old ! What the hell do they need that for ?
Another was "Your serial number has no letters and not enough digits.... :BangHead: Almost a hour later I got my plates.
They need the MSRP to calculate
registration fees and sales tax, which
is based on NADA average retail.
I had to get my truck appraised due to
the tube chassis it's riding on. Also,
insurance rates are based on that
value.

New shoes showed up for a photo op. Havent had much time since I grabbed it last fall. Is now running/moving but brakes drain the rear m.c in bout 5 pumps.
20230311_154721.jpg

They need the MSRP to calculate
registration fees and sales tax, which
is based on NADA average retail.
I had to get my truck appraised due to
the tube chassis it's riding on. Also,
insurance rates are based on that
value.
Forgot to mention....
Past years the DMV would tax you on a
$100.00 purchase price of a rusted out
hulk. They've since ignored that great
deal you thought you made, and now
tax you on the actual retail value of
a restored classic after you taken
great pains to see your dream come
true.
It's all about the Benjamins.

Cleaned up and treated the UCA cam bolts to a black phosphate/RPM bath.

BO RPM 3.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got the exhaust mainifolds bolted on for the last time
Had to wait for the fancy deep tube nuts to show up to mount them with

IMG_20230311_162007531.jpg

IMG_20230311_163619317.jpg

Ride height is set, working on getting all of the wheels pointing in the same direction. I’ll get a wheel alignment when winter is over, this will get the toe in close enough to drive to the alignment shop…
3A52DD80-6307-4305-A4D2-400C3FFD1C8F.jpeg

Finished installing my roll control. Made a bracket that clips onto the steering wheel and a coil cord that plugs into the dash.

20230312_160823.jpg

20230312_160908.jpg

20230312_160830.jpg

Last edited:
OK- thought it looked too nice to part out.

Auto Transport Service
Back