• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Waited on AMD to get the parts I ordered months ago back in stock. Supply chain my @$$ hahaha

The good news is that I made it to my car show this morning, the bad news is I heard a noise on my new brakes and found this when I got home.:rolleyes:

IMG_20230611_120023764_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230611_142254106.jpg

Spent the day yesterday changing out the speedometer head on the yellow one.
No matter how fast I went. it would never get over 42mph

Once apart I figured out the issue. Someone had replaced the rivets in the head for small allen head bolts. and the needle hit them at exactly 42mph

Spent a little time today sanding out the rough spots on the under-hood paint. Hopefully, I don't have to repaint the area . And so far,,,so good.

Started the 273 in the 65 yesterday (sat 6 years) had to replace starter relay, now pull tank and clean, new hoses. Brakes next, see what’s no good and replace. Going to add power steering so wife can drive it too (bad arthritis in her hands).

Add 1 pound of air to the r/r tire, and 3-4 lbs. to the left rear. Then print the pattern again ( should be solid black- no light gray in the center)

More rust repair on the 64 D100.
Inner support for door skin, and these were supposed to be "in great shape" hmmm, not so much.
Then I'll see how much patching it will take on the pretty side.
20230611_121109.jpg
20230611_124546.jpg
20230612_113055.jpg
20230612_122511.jpg

Put the xmsn back in, and put the car back together. It was getting late and I was getting tired, so kickdown waits until today. Then refill with fluid and let it run for a bit. Still on jackstands in case of shift adjustments

Are both sides like this or just one. Is the head of a bolt hitting or brake pad. Sorry for your luck you have very sweet ride.
It is just the back side. The caliper bolts stuck through the mounting bracket by a few threads. I checked the driver's side carefully because I knew clearance could be an issue. It was clear so I just went ahead and threw the passenger side together. There was a slight drag on the rotor at one spot and I just figured it was possibly a warped rotor hanging up on the pads. The solution should be to just shorten the caliper bolts a few threads. Failing that I would have to switch the mounting plates side to side. I have another Mopar show on Saturday. I should be able to make it as long as it is only the bolts.

IMG_20230603_112006197_HDR.jpg

Great glad to see you got it figured out. Now go pick up some jewelry at the car show. Good luck

Sitting in a warehouse since 1981, got the 318 running, but will need a radiator. Also looking for 2 more cop wheels if anyone has any around they would like to get rid of.
20230611_142644.jpg

Yesterday I went to the Registry of Motor Vehicles and registered my 2010 Challenger and got a registration for the 72 Charger topper I am selling to my friend. The girl at the counter was so helpful pleasant and attractive I was blown away by my experience at the RMV! She was mid twenties and looked like Jennifer Anniston! She was a real hottie! My last experience with a Registry clerk went something like this,a heavy set mid fifties asian woman,who yelled at me saying, "You don't understand English doooo youuuu,and you can't wreeed English either "! I wanted to say maybe if you were speaking English I might be able to understand it,but fearing that I would be banished from ever registering another vehicle in the state,I kept that thought to myself and trudged my way through the registration process! LOL I got to drive my 2010 Challenger with the new Hurst Pistol Grip shifter I installed in the car! I love the shifter, it feels real mechanical like an old school Mopar. I recommend it as a nice upgrade to any modern Challenger. Today I ordered the new Year One 20 inch rallye wheels for the car. Two grand later and they are on their way!

All epoxied up, and a couple of coats of high build. Getting ready for the 70%. Smooth as a babies bottom.

getting closer.jpg

I got my brake issue sorted today. I ordered a new rotor but it wasn't even close. The gouge in the original rotor wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, so I knocked down the sharp edges with emery cloth and put a cross hatch on it. I shortened all of the caliper bolts a couple of threads and everything clears now.

IMG_20230615_160627838.jpg

IMG_20230615_164256303.jpg

IMG_20230615_164951316.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back