• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Tach and gauges mocked up…new old stock Sun Tach, was still in original box.

IMG_5080.jpeg

IMG_5081.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

Brought my toy home - been at the Transmission shop since Wednesday last week. New deep pan fitted - thanks to the advice of @66 Sat :thumbsup:
Still got some minor wiring from the sender to do. But more importantly....waiting for some parts to arrive to make the kick-down linkage run more freely.

Lokar have produced a new cast bracket that gives additional rigidity to the kick-down and throttle cables, in place of the original one they offered which is a piece of folded steel with a grub screw. Also have a new throttle cable on the way ......can't wait to fit them.

:xscuseless:

20240506_133931.jpg20240506_133907.jpg

20240506_133901.jpg

20240506_133829.jpg

Thanks to a tip from our own RC,my friend ordered two sets of Auto Twirlers car dollies. Today they get some paint,and tomorrow they will have the casters installed.

20240506_151827.jpg

20240506_151839.jpg

20240506_151848.jpg

The 2nd test drive last wk in the 330 showed that the dipstick puking oil was not necessarily because of the header vac valves or the muffler back pressure but was crank case pressure because I disconnect the hoses from the valves and connected them together and cut a slit in one hose. Not fond of oil going through the intake with a PCV valve, I made a quick fix for that for the next test drive which was Saturday.

Took the those hoses from the breathers put a garden hose tee in them and connected those somewhat down hill to a catch can I borrowed from another project. That quick fix appears to solve the puke, (at the moment) with a tea spoon of oil/water condensation drained from the can after a warm up and a 2 mile drive with no high rpms, just a drive then an under hood check on the tube, then 2 miles back and a check then a can drain. Well I did do 1 throttle blip/tire spin in the drive after the return trip.

Disregard the bad wiring, that's where I left off ~25 yrs ago with very bad health issues (and still not that great). It didn't have to look good back then, just function. Just try'n to get the bugs fixed now then clean up the rest after.

Now, those darn brakes.

IMG_8010 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8014.JPG

IMG_8020 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8021.JPG

I was able to finish welding the base of my cowl induction filter unit. Now I need more Argon.

IMG_4933.jpeg

No, no, 4th time this season !

I also put the exterior emblems on it today!
that's awesome.. i'm probably a couple of months from driving mine.. not in a rush.. i'm dreading painting the fenders

Called Wilwood to check on my pads which I couldn't find on their site. They have a superseded number 150-8850K.

Then changed my dash lights to LED's but only had blue ones on the shelf, so blue it is,...for now. Needed 5 but only had 4. Didn't get into the button lights tho mine have black stems and don't the lighted ones have a clear/greenish stems? I haven't looked into that yet.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

Pulled the passenger door off and fixed the lower hinge pin. It's had a fair amount of movement for a while and got to the point you had to lift the door to close it.
Without easy access to a rebuild service I simply drilled out the moving part of the hinge to match the flogged out fixed part, and put an old 7/16 bolt I had with a long shank in as the pin. I was going to heat treat it but it was a 50 year old bolt and seems super hard already.
Worked a treat and after cleaning and painting everything and with a bit of fiddling with the hinges the door is gapped great and closes easily.
received_401747246067001.jpeg
20240504_154645.jpg
20240507_095300.jpg

I figured out why my ignition wasn’t igniting on Friday night, resulting in a ride home on a rollback. A wiring connector must not have been fully seated and the 2 halves separated as soon as I touched it. I put it back together and the car fired right up…

Called Wilwood to check on my pads which I couldn't find on their site. They have a superseded number 150-8850K.

Then changed my dash lights to LED's but only had blue ones on the shelf, so blue it is,...for now. Needed 5 but only had 4. Didn't get into the button lights tho mine have black stems and don't the lighted ones have a clear/greenish stems? I haven't looked into that yet.

View attachment 1659415

View attachment 1659416

View attachment 1659417

View attachment 1659418

View attachment 1659419

Cleaning mine up right now.. they are covered in what feels like a thick layer of crusty old wax.. no light was getting through

At the point where the final touches are happening.
Re-covered my Sun visors in extra headliner vinyl. Had to take them to a shoe repair shop to have them sewn closed.

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back