• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

getting the red headed step child ready for Mecum indy driving her down tomorrow
20240507_152339.jpg
20240409_175533 (1).jpg

Pumped last years gas out of my Satellite. Wasn't looking bad but I like fresh gas. The 65 Dodge is next.

Replaced the coil! Driving down the freeway last Friday and it coughed a few times then nothing. Coasted to the shoulder and was luckily in a good spot where I could get well clear of traffic and still be seen. Tinkered with a few things but no joy, had to get a tow home.

Tested for spark at the coil today with a test light and it would flash but was very dim. Luckily I caught a glimpse of spark at the coil.

MSD Blaster 2, less than 2 years old and probably < 2000 miles.

IMG_7915.jpeg

More finishing touches. Picked up a set of Mopar Performance valve covers, painted them and replaced my Edelbrock steelies. Old and new pics below.

IMG_3737.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_2963.jpeg

IMG_2964.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_3734.jpeg

welded and grinded inside my transmission :eek:

then I drove it :steering:....... it was after midnight; so yes, it was today

Well I scraped some loose rust off the trunk floor and pulled a few plugs and rinsed the junk from the trunk.

Got a few more holes than first thought...guess I'll need a gallon of Tiger Hair instead of a quart.

Later this week I will TRY to get the back seat out and will clean the interior floor, clean the dash, wash the windows and wash the engineless engine bay.

Then it's time to get the engine ready , install the timing set, clutch, bellhousing and trans. Gotta fab the clutch slave cylinder too.

IMG_20240512_203036493.jpg

IMG_20240512_203105843.jpg

IMG_20240512_203112333.jpg

Pulled the rear seat out of 1967 R/T to investigate/replace in-operative rear power window motor. Looks to be a PITA to work on.

I took the rear quarter inside panel off to find out why my power window would not work. I had a spare switch and plugged it in, and the window began to.work. I lubed the mechanisms and made some adjustments to the tracks to make the window operate smoother. Tomorrow, I am going to fine tune the other side window while the rear seat is out. I had actually contemplated just raising the rear windows all the way up, and just unplugging the motors. They have not worked reliably since I put new weatherseals in years ago.

i bought a couple of parts engines as i needed to dress my 383 going into my car . yesterday i started in on getting the parts i need . i will replace the borrowed parts as i will eventually build this engine and possibly install in car . it’s a 440 hp so it is worth the effort….

Built a truck bed dolly/cart thingy and then pulled the bed off the 64 D100.
60 yr old box bolts aren't very cooperative coming out.
:lol:
20240515_151126.jpg
20240515_151139.jpg

Drove the Wrangler to a local HD store, to get transmission parts for one of the motorcycles. 8,000 miles in 28 years, and needle bearings tend to drain and dry out...and get upset when you start using them again. So, one new main shaft output shaft assembly, spacer, oil seals, and case gaskets are on the way....$515 later. Ugh.

I'd have taken the Charger...but this damned rain won't make up its mind. In a 17 mile run, I transitioned from heavy rain, to sunglasses-needed sunshine, eight times.

Mother Nature has PMS....

I find-tuned the adjustments and lubed the mechanisms for my passenger side power rear quarter window. These have to move freely to work. With manual risers, if there is a tight spot, you just lean a little harder on the handle. Doesn't work with power ones, though.
Tomorrow's job is changing valve cover gaskets, and likely oil and filter change. I will be getting rid of the Fram filter, and replacing with Wix.

Nice weather, drove the Charger to work. Finally set the idle - it's been idling high this season, brought it back down where it belongs. Appreciated my HID headlight upgrade on the way home (at 11pm)...nice driving a classic AND being able to see at night! H4 conversion lamps hi and lo, HID lo and amber LED hi, great vision!

Auto Transport Service
Back