• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I'm sure you've seen the Amish in their horse and buggy's on those back roads haven't you? Well, it just might "not" be tar all down the whole side of your Durango! Just something for you to ponder. :rolleyes:
LOL!!! Now that's funny!! You could be right, but not today!! LOL. There were spot where the country road met the gravel and they used chip and seal. Then some put down, what we used to do, many years ago, oil to keep the dust down. It was all over the Durango, from the fender openings to the door handles. Did I mention that my Durango is white. I spend 2 hours detailing it. As mentioned WD40 works, but I bought this stuff by turtle wax. Spray it on , let it set for a minute and wipe off. It was so thick in spots that I had to go over it several times. When you get it off, you just buff the car with a clean cloth. I took it to a drive through car wash first. It looks as good as the day I bought it!!! I've been going there for years, but, never again, I'm done, the whole thing is horse ****!!! LOL..
20200608_164438.jpg

and drinking beer. Saw my new neighbor up on a tall (14'?) step ladder standing on the very top of it trying to hang a swing in a tree. Told him he could borrow my 28' extension ladder and he declined....at first. About 10 minutes later he came asking for it lol. Other than that, I washed my 'new' 96 Dakota and have been cleaning up the shop.....and drinking beer :D
Does fabricating parts for my car quality? If so, I built some aluminum heater hose ties.

Felt like Harry Chapin.. "all my life's a circle"... or a long rectangle in my case..
View attachment 960599
Is that rectangle big enough to land a plane on?

Went to church in person for the first time in several weeks! We have had online services since the "lockdown"
I've been doing the online services too but haven't been 'in' a church in a long time.

...and drank beer.

Hold on....OP (Cranky) disqualified drinking beer in the title, but then introduced it in the first post.....

Wise guy?
Actually, I've been on hard kombucha.
6.8% and USDA organic with live pro-biotics.
Pineapple chili flavor.
Perhaps not for everyone.
Had to look that up!! lol

Noup, today, the morning fight with my wife was about my compressor, because she loves her niece very much she's ashamed to ask him for it, I already ask him in a polite way, but no answer, nothing, we are all mechanical inclined here, and we all know how much we hate to borrow tools to idiots that doesn't know how to use them, but stupid me I did borrow him the compressor, and even worst I hate people who seat on the stuff you lend them, am tired of being rude in my life, my wife promise me to get my tool back this week, in time, for tar, in my own experience use car wax with carnauba, several layers of wax.
When I first moved into my 'new' house, my brother in law came to visit with his wife of no longer and thought I was rich because the place was much nicer than the shack they lived in. Next thing I know he's asking if he can borrow my compressor so he can paint a car. Well, knowing that he drives junk all the time (worse than my junk) I asked what he's going to charge for the job and he belts out 300 bucks. He walked right into that one like a deer in the headlights. Keep in mind this is 36 years ago. I say I want 50 bucks rental money and he ******* about that and say to him you want to go make money using my tools for free......go buy your own damn tools. Shortly after that, his wife leaves him and that was the last time to ever see the mooch.

I still have a cherry picker and two engine stands out there somewhere. The thought is, if I need it, I can have it back.....

Is that rectangle big enough to land a plane on?

I've been doing the online services too but haven't been 'in' a church in a long time.

Had to look that up!! lol

When I first moved into my 'new' house, my brother in law came to visit with his wife of no longer and thought I was rich because the place was much nicer than the shack they lived in. Next thing I know he's asking if he can borrow my compressor so he can paint a car. Well, knowing that he drives junk all the time (worse than my junk) I asked what he's going to charge for the job and he belts out 300 bucks. He walked right into that one like a deer in the headlights. Keep in mind this is 36 years ago. I say I want 50 bucks rental money and he ******* about that and say to him you want to go make money using my tools for free......go buy your own damn tools. Shortly after that, his wife leaves him and that was the last time to ever see the mooch.
I still have a cherry picker and two engine stands out there somewhere. The thought is, if I need it, I can have it back.....
I know is my fault, am an idiot, the thing is I really doubt he knows how to use it properly is not an industrial compressor so between loads you have to let it rest for a while, he have an avocado field but he never have money ( drinking problems) I ask him several times for the compressor, doubt he changed the oil of the engine, or check the tension of the belt, I kick myself because I never borrow tools to anyone, no man should go through life without his own set of tools besides he's making money with it:BangHead:

I know is my fault, am an idiot, the thing is I really doubt he knows how to use it properly is not an industrial compressor so between loads you have to let it rest for a while, he have an avocado field but he never have money ( drinking problems) I ask him several times for the compressor, doubt he changed the oil of the engine, or check the tension of the belt, I kick myself because I never borrow tools to anyone, no man should go through life without his own set of tools besides he's making money with it:BangHead:
Not your fault, being nice can be hard sometimes. If he can ask to use it, you can ask for it back.

01574773-515B-4700-8112-7E8CD5B9966A.jpeg
01714F6A-AAEB-4B72-91A7-F885AE4340CF.jpeg
261C9ED6-8647-4E02-AA50-F73B76EB19BA.jpeg
8201C96D-8FDF-41B3-B549-394C3EC77C82.jpeg

Here’s another one of those mechanics stories. Good buddy calls stating brake noise from rear... this is his 2011 Hyundai accent that he uses for a commuter car. 200.0000 miles.

Last edited:
I know your pain, is specially fun trying to remove a freaking brake drum that just don't come off, although you have to admit that with that amount of mileage they lasted a long.

I agree... i haven’t been working much with this virus going around. So I’ve been helping out a few friends and neighbors with there cars... My garage refrigerator is full of Beer and promises of good food coming are on the way.

Took the Wife North for 4 days at work camp, cleaned things up somewhat and made "Wayne's World" a bit safer for ALL the "kids"... LOL
summer2020 128.JPG

Pressure washed pole barn/carport.

Temporarily patched lawn mower shed roof that had a 15' x 6" limb fall through it.

Cleared bay to fit Dakota so I can replace sticking caliper.

Making a Guinness Stew this morning... Seared the stew beef in the pan with some seasonings, and set it aside for later. Roasted the Seasoned Veggie Mix in the pan, then added the Beef and the Veggies to a stock pot with a couple of bottles of Guinness and some Beef Stock. Put it in the oven and let it go for two or three hours. Later I'll pull it out, cool it down, and put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

Seasoned veggie mix in the pan
IMG_2290.JPG

Stew in the oven
IMG_2292.JPG

Nice.

I've made Guiness chili and my wife has made Guiness beer ham.

Killian's Red also works well.

Getting our boat prepared to install our new tower which should be arriving any day now.

And just about every day sending out more graphics orders - another custom Sign, Door Wraps, and window decals heading to Wyoming today.

06D8CE72-61FC-4DA9-ADFD-59273005F2C9.jpeg
40D9E475-DB79-4F16-8682-EDE04E7FE6E4.jpeg

I'm tempted to just look at FBBO all day but I'd better go tend to the landscape...Then a drive!

Auto Transport Service
Back