• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

70 GTX too.
yoda worthless pics.jpg

Had a stint put in my left carotid artery, 80 per cent blocked. Now that I'm getting 100 per cent blood flow to my brain I'll be as smart as hell!:lol::lol::lol:

When I get back from Aruba I’ll spill more!
No mankini shots please. :p

Spent last night tearing down our tumble dryer.....had a graunching noise at random times while rotating. After goobling for videos I decided just to undo as I found things that would undo. How hard could it be right??? :rolleyes:
Only took me a couple of hours of careful dissection, and I found a sloppy bearing (a ceramic type donut as opposed to a proper bearing) and the offending item - the rolled steel clasp off a lace or pull-string for a garment. Spent another hour or so removing all the fluff and dust to make the machine like new again. Called into the appliance supplier shop and they had the bearing - a high-temp sealed bearing this time, and a new lint trap basket. Eventually got home for re-assembly, which only took about an hour moving carefully. Not as daunting a task as I thought, and way easier than the big commercial Laundromat washer/dryer machines I worked on about 35 years ago for a small company.
I never had desires to become a Maytag Repairman. :lol:

:xscuseless:

20240216_223016.jpg
20240216_223417.jpg
20240216_223421.jpg
20240216_223446.jpg
20240216_223908.jpg
20240216_223901.jpg
20240216_223857.jpg
20240217_142127.jpg
20240217_150154.jpg
20240217_152344.jpg

Currently chopping a 67 El Camino. Practicing on it before I touch the only 72 GMC truck I could find. It's my buddies 60th on Saturday, that I haven't seen in over 30 years. Trying to make a gift to replicate his truck we chopped together when he was 15 and me 17.
View attachment 1608004View attachment 1608005View attachment 1608006
View attachment 1608009
I like that New Yorker, behind it too. The 67-72 Chevy trucks were my favorite Chevys. We dropped an LT1 in my buddy’s 72. Dropped a Cleveland in his brothers 67 F100.

Wife and I went to a fire and ice show last night… Some of the nice ice carvings.

IMG_5736.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5742.jpeg

Bought a SIG 365 and 400rds of 9mm. Took em home 5 minutes after they took my cash.
They didn't even ask for my name at the front cashier for the ammo.
We're not in california anymore, Toto.
One of the many good things about Texas....5 minutes to fill out paperwork buying a 357mag (already in the system) then going to Academy and picking the ammo off the shelf and walking to the register and out the door.
My wife has a black car.....I tried talking her out of it.
Had lots of black trucks over the years and my girl friend's truck is black.....red vehicles are the ones I don't like so much since it usually fades so fast.
But looking at the dried pee splatter, dust and whatever else on a black toilet is gross.
It's gross even on a white one but if you squat instead of standing, you don't have to worry about that OR leaving the seat up :lol:
Had a big tree job end of the week. They were about 40-45 feet tall. Had to dismember them and rope them to pull them down as they were between two houses and next to a fence. Got 16 down and now in the clear from houses and fences! For those who do this kind of work the GOOD thing was NOTHING DAMAGED. Weather won't allow me to finish the last 6.

View attachment 1607534

View attachment 1607535

View attachment 1607536

View attachment 1607537

View attachment 1607538

View attachment 1607539
Wow....looks like evergreens? Some type of ceder?
General outdoors cleanup to get ready for raised vegetables garden. Put down some stuff to kill fire ants.

Some plants say spring is almost here.
View attachment 1607638
Having problems getting rid of the fire ants here....I'm thinking the ant bait is left overs from last year and is stale now.
Nice! Are you going to leave it at that ride height?

Changed the oil in my beater Tuesday.....been neglecting that plus it was low even though the dip stick looked ok. Lifter started ticking so did a 'mild' flush mainly to get out the old oil. So far so good. Been helping my girlfriend do some yard cleaning. Still a big mess but at least one can walk around back there. Still haven't done much in her garage yet but what little that has been done made it easier to walk through and look at what all is in there. Dang thing is packed. Yeah, her late husband was a hoarder. Pretty amazing what some people collect. And my new 64 Dart is supposed to be here on the 28th! I don't mind the delay as it's allowed me to do some cleaning up here too to make room for it. It will be going into my box trailer for the time being tho and it's almost ready for it. All the bigger stuff is out of it at least.

@Cranky They were Leyland Cypress trees...
I have had a couple of ball cypress trees but those look a ton different. Hurricane Ike took out the top of the one that was in front so I cut the rest of it down shorty after. Too close to the house anyways but have another out back that's growing too close to the utility pole. I'll let the utility crew handle that one lol. I like the smell of them....

Technically not working on the car, but a woodworking project to make a cradle to bring the short block home from the machine shop. Hopefully soon.

IMG_20240218_152044711_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back