• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what did your "JOY" look like when you 1st spotted it!

OG max wedge

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
now days everyone has some kind of camera with them most of the time, we've all talked about where and when we spotted our pride and joy, how about digging out those photos from whan you first spotted it, i bet it had a face that only a mother (or mopar father) could love,

here is my 1963 dodge 440 the first time i layed eyes on it, it had been parked under a tree at the edge of a golf course for about 10 years. it'a hard to believe that not one piece of glass was broken while the buick that was parked next to it loss most of it's windows ... i dug it out only to discover it had a brand new 440 installed that was never run and a posi rear end...
it was one of those deals where i bought it sight un seen, which was a good thing as had i seen it i may have passed on the deal...

1963 dodge 440 001.JPG

. 003.jpg

. 002.jpg

. 007.jpg

Here is the "JUNKYARD DOG" pretty much as I had found it. The first time I had seen it it was already sitting on this trailer.

IMG_1823_1.JPG

IMG_1825_2.JPG

IMG_1835_1.JPG

Here is the next project the way I found it and it is almost as bad as it looks, but it is a #'s matching 340 car with a fender tag and a mint build sheet and a clear title!. The last pic is how it sits now waiting for the restoration to begin and now it lives inside!.:grin:

IMG_3402_1.JPG

IMG_3403_2.JPG

IMG_3404_3.JPG

IMG_3405_4.JPG

IMG_3407_1.JPG

IMG_3837_1.JPG

here is my 1965 coronet 500 when i first saw it, it had been sitting next to that barn since 1987, poured gas in the carb and it fired right up!

1965_dodge_coranet1.jpg

1965_dodge_coranet_500_.jpg

Mine looks like a big Hershey Bar on wheels just click on my sig

OTR I didnt know ya was a styler. Dave and Damon live near me.

Love the '63s. Here is mine when I loaded it up as soon as I saw it. The Polara was 20minutes away from home and bought for $650. CA built car and was out there untill January 2009. I bought it in August 2009.

63 Polara on the way home 1.jpg

63 Polara on the way home 2.jpg

Heres my sons 63 dodge right after it was pulled out of the bushes. Seems to be a trend with these 63 dodge eh?

63 dodge 330.jpg

cp1_cp1_0823091212a.jpg

cp1_1004091849a.jpg

Wow thats a really solid looking 63

now days everyone has some kind of camera with them most of the time, we've all talked about where and when we spotted our pride and joy, how about digging out those photos from whan you first spotted it, i bet it had a face that only a mother (or mopar father) could love,

here is my 1963 dodge 440 the first time i layed eyes on it, it had been parked under a tree at the edge of a golf course for about 10 years. it'a hard to believe that not one piece of glass was broken while the buick that was parked next to it loss most of it's windows ... i dug it out only to discover it had a brand new 440 installed that was never run and a posi rear end...
it was one of those deals where i bought it sight un seen, which was a good thing as had i seen it i may have passed on the deal...

Mine looks the same as it does now... Found it right where it's been sitting all along, in the garage.

I bought my Belvedere in April of '86 for $1550, a couple hours from my parents house in Scony to central Minn. 383 4bbl,727 colunm shift bench seat,2.94 geared sure-grip.

1992 bad bel race ready 002.jpg

DSC00009[1].jpg
this is my 73 se charger 77,000 original miles 1 owner 400 4brl auto really nice all origanal interior

DSC00009[1].jpg

my body guy started before i saw mine. A friend of mine found it in west Tx and I paid him to bring it back and do the body work.

Picture 359 (Medium).jpg

Picture 359 (Large).jpg

This is what my Super Bee looked like when I first laid eyes on it. My friends thought I was crazy for taking this car. It was on it's way to the junk yard before I brought it home. Got it for free!!

Image001.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back