• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you do for a living

then hired by the railroad as a Carman. / Working for the railroad for the last 12 years steady, it's been nice, cause God knows I'm getting old and feeling this life lol.QUOTE]

Fellow carmen! What railroad? I'm at the Long Island Railroad for 20 years. Started coach cleaning, went up for car repairmen and moved on (Over-ish) to inspector.

I worked as a repairmen in desel for a few years on old convertered (1920-40 electric propulsion cars) push-pulls, they called them. Basicly gutted electric cars converted to be pulled by power packs.

George, I see the Square Garden behind ya! (Wife is wavin the Ranger flag now) That is a bit high up no doubt.

Rob, do you by any chance know another fellow Mopar railman by the name Joe Slusarski (the last name may be a letter or two off)?

Rob, do you by any chance know another fellow Mopar railman by the name Joe Slusarski (the last name may be a letter or two off)?

On the LIRR?

The last name doesn't ring a bell. Though I have recently noticed there seems to be more and more carmen popping up on the boards.

Fellow carmen! What railroad? I'm at the Long Island Railroad for 20 years. Started coach cleaning, went up for car repairmen and moved on (Over-ish) to inspector.

.[/QUOTE]

Retired Phx PD after about 28 yrs of service, 2 1/2 yrs in Roswell, N.m. as a cop before that.
My Dad worked on the LIRR as a conductor for about 30yrs, retired in the 80s & lived in N.Merrick 'til he died. My Godfather was a Union President for the RR waaay back when. I almost applied for the LIRR Police......

I'm a Bridge/Roadway constuction inspector for the State of Alabama. Currently going to college at night, hoping to get a Degree in Civil Engineering one day.

Jason

Detmatt, that's some beautiful work.

1bluemofo, I soooo hear ya on beating up the knees...and the back.

Cat in East Peoria? Jim, my Road Runner sold new in Peoria. Who was the Plymouth dealer in town?

Got it, thanks! That's more information than I had, and it'll help if I ever want to have a repro window sticker made.

Wow, lots of talented people on this board!!! It's an honor and a privilege to live amongst ya. :grin:

In case it's tough to tell, this is a bit of what I do. (Not naming any names here, but some of you might recognize this stuff under your hoods.)

IM005357.jpg

IM005491.jpg

IM005631.jpg

IM004539.jpg

IM004854.jpg

IM005832.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back