• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you say when asked "Do a Burnout"?

slepr1

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
I get called out all the time to "do a burnout". I mostly just nod, ignore or thumbs up. What do you say?

Got a cool Mopar show them what Mopar are for, why build if your not going to show it!
Light em up!

all depends how hot she is!! :upside down::banana::upside down::banana:

All depends on the setting. If I'm at a huge show and I get the attention - sure I'll light them up if there's a safe distance to the crowd. But it people are coming too close to the car I won't.

Pretty much the same as you. My 300 could never ever really do a burnout when I got it, it was stock! The way I have it built now is more of a hi-speed hauler than a 0-60 in seconds car which is really what the 300 was made to be, plus 3.23's out back don't help much either.

I ask "You gonna pay for it if it breaks?" If they lie and say "yes" I tell them, "I'm gonna need some $ up front."

private property i may if there's a safe place to do it. on the street, hell no!

I light them up when I want to, not when someone tells me to.

i always say "don't know, never tried it". then when the lite turns green, take it a bit over idle, and let the clutch out a little quick and do a "chirp" lol!

If I deem the situation safe enough, I've been known to abide the masses,
I've done a burnout in everything I've ever owned, it's worked out for the good "most of the time"...

I even had a local neighborhood cop/sheriff/chp that all asked me to do one here,
did a 1st thru 2nd gear smoky... some are car guys too, not all are stuffed shirts

no harm no foul, if the situation is right...

these cars are supposed to be fun...

I get called out all the time to "do a burnout". I mostly just nod, ignore or thumbs up. What do you say?
Nothing. I dump the clutch & tap the accelerator pedal. Length of tire marks depends on ambient circumstances.

This burnout.jpg

I say "What's a burnout?"
If they tell me I ask "Why would I want to do that"?
It's much more fun.

When I was a little kid I asked guys to do burn outs and they happily abliged. Now I just repay the debt.

Auto Transport Service
Back