• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does it for you? The old or the new?

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Mama and I drove the Duster to a friends house for a cookout today. They let us park in their garage next to their 2023 Hellcat. It gave me some time to gain some more appreciation between the generations.

What does it for you, the old or the new?

IMG_3340.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

Both. I've had old when it was new. Have a few old and new now. Each has their "experience". I enjoy each for what it is. When I drive my "old" car, I feel like I'm 17 again. When I drive my "new" car, I feel like ... like... { shrugs his shoulders } comfortable ?

I like both. I wouldn’t buy a new car, haven’t bought a new car in 30 years, it was my wife’s wedding present. New trucks, vans and Jeeps, are the only new vehicles I’ve bought since. The Plymouth is the only car I ever bought for myself, always had trucks and vans. I bought the 93 pickup last year, the 17th tin grill or first gen, I’ve owned. I always liked those the best. I don’t have the garage space I used to have. Sold the quad cab before we moved, to a good friend of mine, it wouldn’t have fit in the garage anyway. It’s only a 3 car, so the Plymouth and Jeep have the honor. The rest of the space is toolboxes, tools and some miscellaneous. I also have two storage units for materials, tools, parts and miscellaneous.

No Question, Old.... I really don't have any use whatso ever for new Fiats...

Both in a way. But with a vintage ride, the pleasure remains after the price is forgotten.
With a new car, the shine wears off fairly quick, and you are reminded of that every time you pay your big insurance bill, plate renewal or are reminded of its depreciating value.

The Hellcat would be a great toy for a quick bit of fun......but for me the smiles and pleasure of driving that Duster would last a very long time indeed.

Can I pick both? They look great parked together, what with all that “High Impact” dazzling the eyes! :D :thumbsup:

Both. I've had old when it was new. Have a few old and new now. Each has their "experience". I enjoy each for what it is. When I drive my "old" car, I feel like I'm 17 again. When I drive my "new" car, I feel like ... like... { shrugs his shoulders } comfortable ?
Ditto!

OLD. A new car is great for transportation Get a brand new car for under $20K. Drive the wheels off it Who cares as long as it works? My ego is at home in the garage. Better yet buy a 2002 Pontiac Vibe. (Really a Toyota Matrix.) for $5K. It will last forever.

Old or old with new Hellcat engine. New cars are nice and comfortable with bells and whistles but there's nothing quite like old skool cool.

I'd have to say both. The new for comfort and fuel economy and the old for the looks it gets. You can see my 2015 Challenger R/T Shaker (5.7 L) in the garage in photo.
Terry W.

Charger Challenger Sept 2022 -1.jpg

that is a tuff question. the hellcat is a great car , crisp , powerful, comfortable. the duster is antique. it has much power but not the comfort of todays rides . BUT i will take the old any day . it comes with character, prestige and a faithful following. the people around these cars are generally good good people, and that’s who i choose as company . the cars are a statement of the people who own them . i could go buy a new muscle car but i’d rather build my own . it won’t be a numbers matching mecum car , it will be the hot rod i couldn’t afford to build as a kid ….

Auto Transport Service
Back