• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is A12?

27c9d794.jpg

One sharp looking C-Body! Sweet!

Thanks Prop....it is quite possibly the best preserved and documented in the world now. Five build sheets, all original documents, all numbers match and everything is where it should be. :headbang:

- - - Updated - - -

1970Chrysler300CHURST_zps3528dd46.jpg

Three of the four colors were released mid year. They had already been introduced to the public before the A12s came out. They were 'newer' and great colors to match with the image of the A12s so I can see why Chrysler wanted to promote them with the cars but they were not 'new' with the release of the A12s.

It's often presented that the release of the colors are linked to the release of the A12s as if the colors had never been available before that.

Ok I concede that you care way more about this than I do.

KID

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 168698

One sharp looking C-Body! Sweet!

I guess we should have said that the A12 options code was used for cars other than the Birds and Bees. Again I guess it's just an option code.
KID

They are a cool car in their own right. Unfortunately they don't command the attention and value of their B-body cousins from Dodge & Plymouth.

Oh yeah..... http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/1970-chrysler-300-hurst-mopar-heaven-252

When us Kiwi MoPar boys go travelling again, there's a few peeps to visit Stateside :icon_thumright:

You would be welcome to come by STL and visit me anytime Kiwi .. we can catch a Cards game if they are in town. Just let me know what beer or medicinal alcohol to stock up on.

Is the link you posted your buddies car? It's a fine piece. The FCBO crowd would love it but they may already know about it .. they seem to know about all C bodies world wide.

I was assuming, like a dumbass it was a 6 pak car LOL. I didn't get the A12 joke .. Chrysler 300-Hpkg 70 only

Well I have learned something here, A 69 RR with the A12 option CAN be an automatic. I always thought it had to be a 4 speed and have a dana 60 rear with 3.54's. Bench seat car with cop wheels and a post car RM21.

Finding out so much it's exciting in a way. Like my car being built in Jan 69 has more 68 parts than I thought lol but makes sense for such an early car.

You would be welcome to come by STL and visit me anytime Kiwi .. we can catch a Cards game if they are in town. Just let me know what beer or medicinal alcohol to stock up on.

Is the link you posted your buddies car? It's a fine piece. The FCBO crowd would love it but they may already know about it .. they seem to know about all C bodies world wide.

I was assuming, like a dumbass it was a 6 pak car LOL. I didn't get the A12 joke .. Chrysler 300-Hpkg 70 only

Quite correct Bryan...the 300 belongs to MowPar. Actually he has a B, C, and recently sold his A. He also has a very nice Aussie Valiant which drives beautifully.
And, I look forward to dropping you a line to let you know the flight details :icon_winkle: - a Cards game would be cool, as long as we get Chilli Dogs :headbang:

Quite correct Bryan...the 300 belongs to MowPar. Actually he has a B, C, and recently sold his A. He also has a very nice Aussie Valiant which drives beautifully.
And, I look forward to dropping you a line to let you know the flight details :icon_winkle: - a Cards game would be cool, as long as we get Chilli Dogs :headbang:

Definitely have to have Chili dogs mate !

Auto Transport Service
Back