• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is everyone working on in the off season.

Picked up the 1/8 mph. Hard to tell as most of the time i'm slowing it down. I can say it'll go 9.25 index in any weather (even 100 degrees). Most of the 9.25 guys I run with slow to 9.50 in the summer.
Doug

So today I finally decided to get my Innovate LM1 and SSI-4 wired up. The plan is to log engine rpm, driveshaft, A/F, vacuum, G force. We have everything to make it happen except a G meter sender.
doug

I'm trying to finish up the putting my car back together after swapping out my 906 heads for some 516(let the beating begin LoL) only did it because the header bolt hole was O/S and this is a temporary fix

So today I finally decided to get my Innovate LM1 and SSI-4 wired up. The plan is to log engine rpm, driveshaft, A/F, vacuum, G force. We have everything to make it happen except a G meter sender.
doug

Doug, I thought most all NSS groups rule out data loggers (?). Can I assume you’ll just use them for testing to further dial in the car for race day?

Yes, testing and bracket racing.
Doug

installed a meziere 55 gpm water pump with housing today,,managed to break the old water pump housing loose from the motor plate without breaking the seal to the block,,had to ream all 6 holes on the new pump housing though, for the money it could have fit better. final torque on the studs tomorrow after the silicone sets up over nite.
IMG_0394.JPG

installed a meziere 55 gpm water pump with housing today,,managed to break the old water pump housing loose from the motor plate without breaking the seal to the block,,had to ream all 6 holes on the new pump housing though, for the money it could have fit better. final torque on the studs tomorrow after the silicone sets up over nite.View attachment 933376
---
That's a pretty good looking engine plate. Been lots of good work happening over there.

---
That's a pretty good looking engine plate. Been lots of good work happening over there.
hemi-itus set me up with it thru vignogna performance, its heavy duty,,it looks like i will have to have some kind of custom lower radiator hose with this pump.:(

hemi-itus set me up with it thru vignogna performance, its heavy duty,,it looks like i will have to have some kind of custom lower radiator hose with this pump.:(
---
I think our pump housings should be or are likely the same. I was able to use the same lower hose as what I used on my aluminum mopar housing.
IMG_1178.jpg

58654864194__7BF22D39-8092-4910-AD02-2BBCEE8FA5EC.JPG

---
I think our pump housings should be or are likely the same. I was able to use the same lower hose as what I used on my aluminum mopar housing.
View attachment 934145

View attachment 934144
your lower hose outlet appears to be a differant angle then mine, those flexible hoses can solve alot of problems,,i think i can get it done with a 45 and 90 degree elbows with a spacer tube between them.

Yeah it does look a little different angle, but you'll find a hose to fit.
You must be getting close.

I installed a deep sump aluminum pan this weekend. I had been using the 518 truck pans. I figured the aluminum would add some strength and the flat pan mating surface eliminate nagging leaks. Very happy with the non-branded Trickflow piece that was made in USA! It even came with the filter extension!

0410201307.jpg 0410201306.jpg

Here at Sled City Fiberglass, we are putting back together our SS/AH Hemi Dart. New motor by Tony Depello of Motorworks. Got all the neat aluminum parts in the tranny and hope to have it together for the first race of the season, whenever that will be.

Tony 's stuff is some of the best. Tell him I said hi.

Doug

just a small update here. I switched over to a 16 volts battery. fixed a few things that shook loose. I am getting ready to switch out the rear springs, lash the valves and change the oil. should be ready to go then. hope this covid 19 crap goes away so we get to race.

just a small update here. I switched over to a 16 volts battery. fixed a few things that shook loose. I am getting ready to switch out the rear springs, lash the valves and change the oil. should be ready to go then. hope this covid 19 crap goes away so we get to race.
Have you seen Bill Bader's post on Facebook? He is going to open the Norwalk track . He says the family track won't go down on his watch. Horay for Bill

Brewing beer. Did a little prep today. 5 gallons of Orange Shandy brewing tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back