• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with fastfood prices?

SLOBWAY at its finest!!! Like I said earlier in this topic...A Fool and their Money are Easily Parted...so when it comes to fast food and take out??? Self explanatory...Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I ate at Subway once 15-20 years ago and have never been back since.
I ain't goin' back no mo'...

I used to like Quiznos, but haven't gone there in awhile. I see quite a few of them in my area.

Will travel for Hardees/Carl's Jr.
hiding_chair.gif

I don’t eat any fast food period. It is what it is and it ain’t going in my temple - high prices or otherwise. I like a good lamb burger once in awhile. This Mediterranean place fairly close to me serves a pretty good one. Keep in mind this isn’t a hanging out of the bun burger - actually they’re kind of small. Eighteen bucks - just the burger - no fries or any side of any kind. Big plate, small burger, big bill + they want their $4 tip. Not anymore for this guy. I feel bad for the small business restaurants but we’re pretty much done with eating out. I’m sorry but I can’t fund their retirement when I’m trying to keep my own.

I've always been a fast food eater, and a bargain hunter. Now, coupons or some sort of discount is mandatory. Without a coupon, I ain't buying.
In my truck at the moment, discount coupons for..... McDonald's, Carl's, Jack in the Box, Arby's, Del Taco, Subway, Weinerschnitzel, Burger King. I may not have got them all.....
Best, till recently, was a SuperStar combo (NO cheese, please) at Carl's, for five bucks. Then bidums inflation hit, and it became seven bucks, still not a bad deal... then it was gone.
In Arizona our local BK is really good, and the coupon deals were great. Now, they are just sorta good. Thanks Joe, and **** you very much.

Last edited:
Linda paid $20 for chicken nuggets at O’Hare. Denver tomorrow for me, PBJ. Thieves at the airports Nation wide.

"I've always been a fast food eater, and a bargain hunter." I get it!!! And I understand how it serves you when in need of sustenance. Hunger pangs are always a bitch. But given your usage of "Fast Food" as the saying goes...You Are What You Eat!!! It may not at present be effecting you, but later on just wait. Gastroenterology issues are sure to become the norm for you. DAMIHK...cr8crshr/Bill:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Linda paid $20 for chicken nuggets at O’Hare. Denver tomorrow for me, PBJ. Thieves at the airports Nation wide.
If I was at O'Hare I would have to have a Chicago Hot Dog.
1671053861794.png

"I've always been a fast food eater, and a bargain hunter." I get it!!! And I understand how it serves you when in need of sustenance. Hunger pangs are always a bitch. But given your usage of "Fast Food" as the saying goes...You Are What You Eat!!! It may not at present be effecting you, but later on just wait. Gastroenterology issues are sure to become the norm for you. DAMIHK...cr8crshr/Bill:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Well, I'm in good health so far, no meds for anything, no pain, 6'3"185, and I've been eating like an unsupervised eight year old for fifty years, and I can't remember the last doctors visit, no covid , NO covid shot. Quit smoking twenty years ago. That helped.
Just turned 70, a couple months ago. Excuse me, gotta go work on my race car now....

Don Gorske - the poster boy for fast food. From right here in central WI. Go figure. :lol:

Man has eaten a Big Mac a day for 50 years, attributes good health to walking

Man has eaten a Big Mac a day for 50 years, attributes good health to walking​

"I probably will be eating Big Macs every day for the rest of my life," said Don Gorske.
220520-don-gorske-mjf-1415-e69652.jpg

Don Gorske eats his 25,000th Big Mac at a McDonalds in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, on May, 17, 2011.Patrick Flood / AP/The Reporter

May 24, 2022, 11:27 AM CDT
By Alex Portée
For 50 years, Don Gorske has been chomping down Big Macs with the stamina of Pac-Man.
For more than two decades, the 68-year-old from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, has held the record for most Big Macs consumed in a lifetime. This past week, he celebrated the 50th anniversary of his first-ever taste of the signature sandwich made of two patties, three buns and special sauce, which he has eaten nearly every day since May 17, 1972.

According to Gorske, he has consumed a total of 32,340 Big Mac burgers. In a video tweeted by Guinness World Records, he says he now averages two Big Macs a day, or 14 a week. At first, he started out eating nine a day, but he's scaled that back over the years.

“My obsession with Big Macs began because, for one thing, my love of hamburgers. May 17, 1972 was the day I got my first car,” Gorske recalled in the video. “I drove to McDonald’s, ordered my first three Big Macs, went in the car, and ate them. And I said right there that I’m gonna probably eat these the rest of my life, and I threw the cartons in the backseat and started counting them from day one."
As much as he loves hamburgers, no other chain's burger has had the same hold on him the Big Mac has.
"I had one Burger King Whopper in 1984 and one Topper double burger in 1984," Gorske told Guinness. "There are a lot of other burger chains that I have never had the desire to try."
And as far as his health goes, Gorske's wife, Mary, claims he’s in good shape. “The doctors said it’s pretty good actually,” she said in the Guinness video profile. “His blood sugar has been normal. His cholesterol has been exceptionally good.”
Gorske chalked up his clean bill of health to walking. “I like to joke with people. I tell them I walk around the block usually, but they don’t know that it’s six miles around our block,” he explained.
When it comes to Gorske and his love for Big Macs, it seems like he'll never lose his appetite for the iconic sandwich.
“I probably will be eating Big Macs every day for the rest of my life."

Don Gorske - the poster boy for fast food. From right here in central WI. Go figure. :lol:

Man has eaten a Big Mac a day for 50 years, attributes good health to walking

Man has eaten a Big Mac a day for 50 years, attributes good health to walking​

"I probably will be eating Big Macs every day for the rest of my life," said Don Gorske.
View attachment 1387466
Don Gorske eats his 25,000th Big Mac at a McDonalds in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, on May, 17, 2011.Patrick Flood / AP/The Reporter

May 24, 2022, 11:27 AM CDT
By Alex Portée
For 50 years, Don Gorske has been chomping down Big Macs with the stamina of Pac-Man.
For more than two decades, the 68-year-old from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, has held the record for most Big Macs consumed in a lifetime. This past week, he celebrated the 50th anniversary of his first-ever taste of the signature sandwich made of two patties, three buns and special sauce, which he has eaten nearly every day since May 17, 1972.

According to Gorske, he has consumed a total of 32,340 Big Mac burgers. In a video tweeted by Guinness World Records, he says he now averages two Big Macs a day, or 14 a week. At first, he started out eating nine a day, but he's scaled that back over the years.

“My obsession with Big Macs began because, for one thing, my love of hamburgers. May 17, 1972 was the day I got my first car,” Gorske recalled in the video. “I drove to McDonald’s, ordered my first three Big Macs, went in the car, and ate them. And I said right there that I’m gonna probably eat these the rest of my life, and I threw the cartons in the backseat and started counting them from day one."
As much as he loves hamburgers, no other chain's burger has had the same hold on him the Big Mac has.
"I had one Burger King Whopper in 1984 and one Topper double burger in 1984," Gorske told Guinness. "There are a lot of other burger chains that I have never had the desire to try."
And as far as his health goes, Gorske's wife, Mary, claims he’s in good shape. “The doctors said it’s pretty good actually,” she said in the Guinness video profile. “His blood sugar has been normal. His cholesterol has been exceptionally good.”
Gorske chalked up his clean bill of health to walking. “I like to joke with people. I tell them I walk around the block usually, but they don’t know that it’s six miles around our block,” he explained.
When it comes to Gorske and his love for Big Macs, it seems like he'll never lose his appetite for the iconic sandwich.
“I probably will be eating Big Macs every day for the rest of my life."
Now that is disgusting…….. And only a Wisconsinite would go that route….. Lol

And x2 on the haircut …….Those guys go back in time. Archie Bunkers time……

rode many miles in wisconsin beautiful state. personally i would eat a big mac with a autistic archie bunker wisconsin dude any day over doing anything with your california He shes.

It's not just fast food prices, it's real restaurants too. Submit & I at at a nice Jewish deli yesterday for lunch. She got a Rueben & I got a pastrami. Both came with fries. I got a Coke & she had ice tea. The bill was for 42 bucks and change & I left $51 with the tip.

Half a hundred for lunch for two. :rolleyes: A hundred is now the new twenty.

Auto Transport Service
Back