• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is OSHA in this "green" industry ?

78549A0E-D477-438D-B4FB-796DC9A9E247.jpeg

In my opinion they should dis-ban OSHA along with other agencies like the FBI and IRS. Not needed in today's society. And before you all get on the band wagon of safety, how about we just teach common sense instead of rely on equipment, which gives the younger gen a false sense of what's actually safe. Example, the other day I had to do a conduit bridge attachment working from a very wide, rock bottom creek with about a foot of water in it. Bridge was about 15' above water. The proper way according to OSHA is have a fall protection harness on. Problem is the anchor points for the harness wrap the harness above your head, putting the strap at many times going around your neck. I'd hate to fall and have the harness get around my neck. And because the harness strap slowed down progress so much it made wanting to move the ladder and reset up a long process, so you reached out as far as you could to get as many attachment points without moving the ladder. Now you're leaning off the ladder. Not safe. The safe way, throw the damn fall protection in the truck, move the ladder where you can work while not leaning off the ladder. Quicker to climb ladder, anchor ladder to bridge, attach conduit anchor, climb down, move ladder 4 feet, anchor ladder to bridge, climb, anchor conduit. Fast and safer than the damn fall protection harness. OSHA doesn't always know best.
Ever hear of zip lines?

All the best toward your retirement and thereafter. It’s weird when I reflect on the bullshit times making a living, how the details of it come back to mind; but now not having to get up in the morning to do it again any longer. A feeling of loss in some respects, even though I don’t want it back! Good spot for an ‘lol’
I already am hashing out those emotions torn between “I want out” and “Man I’m gonna miss this”. Sounds like I’m not alone. How about an LOL and a good old Amen brother!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back