• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

If you don’t buy it, someone else will and you’ll be kicking yourself in the ***! That house/shop/acreage looks really sweet, plus I’m betting the shop is insulated and has ac?
It has no HVAC in the shop but the interior is drywalled and finished, It almost seems too classy for me but I can adjust my views on that.

Mini split ac system will do well. I’ll be doing that with my shop….it’s been 115 inside my shop for the last week! Fans just make it feel like a convection oven.

That looks like a great place, I'm with 5.7 hemi. Maybe you can squeeze them to reduce the price. Can't judge shop size but sub divide the shop for a work room, and put A/C and Heat in it. Make a loft above work room for storage. Make work room tall enough and put a I-beam in ceiling for pulling motors or lifting other things.

Offer $550, it may be overpriced. If it's been for sale a while, who knows?
In a development?
Restrictions?
Neighbors?

It certainly looks stunning Kern!
That is a beautiful shop, the house isn't bad either.

Not my cup of tea being in a desert type of environment. But then again not everyone wants trees and grass (and snow).

Mini split ac system will do well. I’ll be doing that with my shop….it’s been 115 inside my shop for the last week! Fans just make it feel like a convection oven.
What's the outside temps been there when you saw 115 inside? So far I've had 102 inside my shop and that's too hot for this 72 year old fart.....

Boy, prices in Kingman have jumped since I bought a 3 bed/2 ba rental there just under 5 years ago. @Kern Dog when I saw that property I knew it would be on the north end of town. When I pulled up listings, I clicked on that one first based on location. Beautiful place and on the outskirts of town. 147 days on the market might indicate negotiability. Good luck to you if you decide to pursue it sir!

The work room should hold a car and enough room to walk around space.

Last edited:
Boy, prices in Kingman have jumped since I bought a 3 bed/2 ba rental there just under 5 years ago. @Kern Dog when I saw that property I knew it would be on the north end of town. When I pulled up listings, I clicked on that one first based on location. Beautiful place and on the outskirts of town. 147 days on the market might indicate negotiability. Good luck to you if you decide to pursue it sir!
Anything over 90 days you should reach out to the agent and ask if the seller is open to seller financing as long as the agent gets a finders fee. If it hits 6 mo on market it gets de-listed and the seller doesn't want that. Then you can talk with the seller and tell them you're willing to give them xxxx (usually their asking price or close to it) as long as they'll agree to seller financing terms which you would have a contract written up where you pay 0% interest or close to it. That will make your monthly payment much lower and no bank approval involved. Text me if you want more info. It's very doable.

Anything over 90 days you should reach out to the agent and ask if the seller is open to seller financing as long as the agent gets a finders fee. If it hits 6 mo on market it gets de-listed and the seller doesn't want that. Then you can talk with the seller and tell them you're willing to give them xxxx (usually their asking price or close to it) as long as they'll agree to seller financing terms which you would have a contract written up where you pay 0% interest or close to it. That will make your monthly payment much lower and no bank approval involved. Text me if you want more info. It's very doable.
Prices are slipping down where I live too.

The temps have been 102 plus, my shop is metal with zero insulation and it gets toasty inside.

We will almost be neighbors! (Gilbert AZ area.)

I have a four car garage where I put in a 3 ton split. Temps outside still aren't consistently 100+ overnight yet but 105-110 during the day right now. First year of having it installed.
I can turn it on in the morning and drop it to high 70's in about 3 hours. I actually turn it down mid day because it gets too cold.

Garage only about 1/2 insulated and no ceiling insulation. Out of the sun mostly.

Oversize the split and you won't be sorry. Well worth it. Even my beer stays cold!

Last edited:

I'm a little confused. @Kern Dog is the one considering the purchase, not me. There are very, VERY few sellers willing or able to sell on contract. The vast majority have one or more mortgages to pay off, and most of the others want the cash for a new purchase. IF the seller would consider a contract, it would typically be above current rates. I have done some creative financing but have never heard of zero percent seller financing. Of course if you get zero percent your payment will be lower. I have written several real estate contracts on bare land in the last 5 years, and they have been at 6.5%. That was a reasonable rate for someone who could not qualify for bank financing, and it was a slightly above market rate for me. Now that rates have risen above that, I'm a good deal. Even so, I'm getting refied out of some because of the debtors desire to build, and my unwillingness to subordinate my loan. Have I mentioned that taxes suck?

I'm a little confused. @Kern Dog is the one considering the purchase, not me. There are very, VERY few sellers willing or able to sell on contract. The vast majority have one or more mortgages to pay off, and most of the others want the cash for a new purchase. IF the seller would consider a contract, it would typically be above current rates. I have done some creative financing but have never heard of zero percent seller financing. Of course if you get zero percent your payment will be lower. I have written several real estate contracts on bare land in the last 5 years, and they have been at 6.5%. That was a reasonable rate for someone who could not qualify for bank financing, and it was a slightly above market rate for me. Now that rates have risen above that, I'm a good deal. Even so, I'm getting refied out of some because of the debtors desire to build, and my unwillingness to subordinate my loan. Have I mentioned that taxes suck?
Subject to deal is an option and KD would benefit from the owner's current low loan rate. He would get the title and pay the existing mortage.

Subject to deal is an option and KD would benefit from the owner's current low loan rate. He would get the title and pay the existing mortage.

Still confused. You're talking about assuming the seller's loan but said no bank approval is necessary. If one assumes a loan it would be subject to the lender's approval, and I haven't heard of assumable loans for many years (doesn't mean they aren't out there).

If a person has a VA loan, another person can assume that loan but the person with the VA loses their VA eligibility till that loan is paid in full.

It has no HVAC in the shop but the interior is drywalled and finished, It almost seems too classy for me but I can adjust my views on that.
Looks like a really nice place. As long as you can live with the 100 plus degree days. Been on market for 150 days, there has to be room for negotiation.

If he waits for real estate agent's contract to expire he can save some money. Agents get 6% around here, that's $24k! If you do a work room and loft put a trap door so you can raise heavy things up through it.

I assumed a VA loan in 73.....but I was also a vet but don't know if that made a difference or not. Thing is, if I walked on that loan, the originator would be holding the bag but didn't walk. I sold that place for a hefty profit 11 years later. Is it still that way? I did walk on another VA loan when I first got married to my X that had some land that her X had on a VA loan and it was a seriously bad loan....40 year loan crap on 20k. It tagged him many years later but I tried to tell him that we were walking from it and he didn't believe it. It caught up with him when he remarried 15 years later and tried to buy a house with his new wife. Needless to say, he was pissed but he didn't believe anything I tried to tell him. Boom!

Auto Transport Service
Back