• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

150-200HP nitrous plate shot, on a 6bbl. Dual plane or Single plane intake??

It was just a thought. I know the ceramic rollers have been great.

The inner cooler will be placed right under the blower correct. If this is the case consider running your fuel line also in the inner cooler to drop that temp down. Next question do they make a ceramic piston yet.
I either have to buy 2 parimeter plates @$350 each or put fogger nozzles in the carb spacer plate.
The superchiller you are think of is mostly for boats picking up water from under the boat!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI86PNw5SW5gIVF4iGCh3uFwSDEAQYASABEgK81PD_BwE

https://www.jegs.com/i/Zex+Nitrous/...MIiLOAn5WW5gIViYVaBR2dHANnEAQYAiABEgKQaPD_BwE

If I was spraying on a factory 6 pac manifold my tool kit would include floor dry, broom, and a dustpan. If you really are going to try this I would suggest the IndyModMan intake. The distribution in the factory intake would be a nightmare.
Doug

@HEMI-ITIS
Al, I just bought the blower nitrous system.FYI, the it comes with 175HP jets and a PSI gauge on the tank.
The unit measures 17”W and 20”L.
3” between nozzle to nozzle (inside plate)
Nozzles protrude 3/8” inside of plate.

I don’t think your throttle blade will hit as this is mounted right above the blower and below your carb adapter plate. Actually there’s no way it would hit.....
5B4432EF-26F6-48AF-BC44-8D8FFBFAFFE8.jpeg

Thanks,the throttle blade is 1 1/8 inch below the mounting flange. I know id I were to use fogger nozzles in the one inch spacer plate I would be totally on my own as far as the tune,,,,,,,who knows,if I do go that way I might start a new trend,,,,,,,,,:eek:

@HEMI-ITIS
Al, I just bought the blower nitrous system.FYI, the it comes with 175HP jets and a PSI gauge on the tank.
So the nitrous and fuel spray plate is below the rotors of the supercharger.
This is a total rookie perspective, but when you have a spray plate between a carb and intake, and there's an undesired ignition of that mixture, the force can at least have an opportunity to escape through the carburetor.
With a blower, not so much? Burst panels?
Or?
I like that it cools the A/F mixture and adds power via more oxygen and fuel. Which of those 2 is the primary purpose? The cooling effect or the added oxygen and fuel?

Bio, I'm guessing but I would think it depends on the size of the spray nozzle. If it is a fogger unit it would be to cool down the a/f mixture which we all know that the cooler the better. Now if you have a spray nozzles lets say it as a size of 1/16 vs 1/4 then you are all about the power. But both of then will increase hp but it depends on what you want to do. I could be way off base but that's my thought. Back in the day we had the fuel line spiraled in a can then put ice in it to try and cool the gas down it's the same process. Or blowers with intercoolers bringing the temps down before it goes into the chamber.

My initial reason is to lower the air temp in the intake manifold under the blower. I might get greedy and add sum-mo nitrous & fuel:bananaweed:

Back in the day we had the fuel line spiraled in a can then put ice in it to try and cool the gas down it's the same process
I remember them. Especially being in the hot, humid, swampy south! At least the elevation is at sea level...
Screenshot_20191207-151413_Chrome.jpg

^^^ Wow , I forgot about the old Cool Cans , had one on my 66' Satellite back in the mid 80's. Even back then most had taken them off due to leaking water all over the track. Maybe we can get Yeti to make one that works.

E7BF80C1-15B4-42B7-8103-D2B88881633F.jpeg
BioMedGuy, the Nitrous plate is sandwiched between the blower and carbs. You’re right about using a burst plate on the intake manifold in case of a backfire. I’m running a standard pop off valve on my intake manifold. The burst plate would be a better choice while using a combination of boost and nitrous. I’m also using special “break away” studs to bolt the blower to the manifold. They will break with an extreme backfire saving the intake manifold and prevents rotor damage.
I’m using nitrous for both the cooling effect and the extra HP from the added oxygen. Typical intake charge temp will drop around 60* with nitrous.

Hemi-Itis, What’s your CR and how much timing are you running? I recall you were adding more boost and didn’t see any added results in the 1/4 mile?
Perhaps try W/M to cool the intake charge and to run a little more timing or at least get cool dense air.
Typically intake temps will drop around 60* with a 50/50 mixture of W/M... You can run nitrous and W/M together at the same time. That would be an interesting feat of plumbing all the lines. Lol

“Water-methanol injection is an enabler for horsepower, not a horsepower producer directly. Installing water-methanol injection on a car is like filling the fuel tank with race gas. That one change won’t make any more power, but it opens the door for more aggressive timing and boost—two things that will make as much power as the bottom-end of the engine can take. Also, water-methanol mix is a heckuva lot cheaper than race gas!

It was this past spring that I went to Atco. 1st pass with 6 lbs of boost,26* timing burning c12 it went like 9.6 @ 139MPH with iat of 160.Upped the boost to 8 lbs 25* 9.4 @ 140 mph iat was 185*. 3rd was 10 lbs ,24* timing low 9.6 at 140 MPH iat over 200* and I called it a day! That was the 1st weekend in june. 2nd weekend I yanked the motor only to find 1 broken inner valve spring and 4 lifters just going away. I also found I installed the the 2nd rings upside down which explained the trail when I snapped the throttle closed at the stripe. Had it back together and of the month and street tested before going to Carlisle. At South Mountian in the heat it went a best of 6.13 in the 1/8 @ 112 MPH on the lean side.It was 80 something degrees and I was NOT doing a jet change in the direct sun!!
That's when I knew I had to intercool. Nitrous will lower the iat over 100* and the we will see it pickup with 8 and 10 lbs of boost hitting it with like a 50 shot under each carb. Just not sure if I will use a parimeter plate or a few fogger nozzles in the carb spacer.

BTW,are you using blower straps with the break-away blower studs??

Auto Transport Service
Back