• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Savoy Build

Got the Tachometer Cup mounted on the dash. Also mounted the Stewart Warner gauges on the lower part of the dash.

IMG_1974.jpg IMG_1976.jpg IMG_1967.jpg IMG_1968.jpg IMG_1969.jpg IMG_1970.jpg IMG_1971.jpg

Chuck ... Take a look at Fine Lines kit RPC6407SS (SS=Stainless Steel). This kit is for use with two Edelbrock Carburetors and is usually for sale on eBay.
Sorry...The kit is from fuel pump to carburetors and includes two inline metal filters as well.
Let me know what you think.

I just thought of something else...The dual choke cable set up for the carburetors is still available from www.megapartsusa.com...kit number is 149-CC145...and includes the firewall grommet and instructions on how to install this kit. I think that I paid $200.00 back then for use in my 63 Maxie. The 64 has the original still there.

However if your dash (hole is located on the lower left side of the dash) does not have it there, you will have to measure and drill it for the cable mounting.

Since my camera is no longer working I can not send you pictures of the exact location, however you might browse the internet for some pictures to see what I am talking about.

As for me, while I am waiting for some more parts for my 64 Dodge,I've started on the restoration of my 1963 Plymouth Savoy 426 Stage II Max Wedge, push button with a dana 60 with 5.13 sure grip and 11x2 1/2 drum brakes. I have the original nut axle 8 3/4 and gears, but I also set up a 1966-68 8 3/4 with 742 housing and 4.56 gears and
sure grip. I've had to replace the intermediate brake line because it is clogged.
The funny thing is that these Max Wedge cars came with 4 wheel 10 x 2 1/2" drum brakes. But on the 1964 Dodge 426 Street Wedge it is 11 x3' drums in front and 11x2 1/2 drums in the rear. Go figure.
Well I hope I've help further you efforts to build your dream car.

Last edited:
Chuck Marshall...Here is a picture of where the choke cable goes on the lower left hand side of the dash. Last chrome knob on the far lower left side in this picture.
I hope that this will help you.
choke cable location on dash.jpg
choke cable location on dash.jpg

Chuck...Doing more research on the fuel pump to carburetors fuel line, I am finding that the picture that I sent you is more like the 1963 Plymouth system, even though it appears to be in an add for 1964 Plymouth.
Looking over a lot of pictures on the internet, YouTube and etc, I see that the 1964 Plymouth fuel line system is different then the 1963.

Take a look for yourself before going any further building your system so that you get it right.
Just wanted to give you a heads up on this issue.

On my 1963, I will go with the picture in the add and what I've seen on YouTube.
On my 1964, I will go with the system over the intake like I've also seen on YouTube as well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Chuck...Doing more research on the fuel pump to carburetors fuel line, I am finding that the picture that I sent you is more like the 1963 Plymouth system, even though it appears to be in an add for 1964 Plymouth.
Looking over a lot of pictures on the internet, YouTube and etc, I see that the 1964 Plymouth fuel line system is different then the 1963.

Take a look for yourself before going any further building your system so that you get it right.
Just wanted to give you a heads up on this issue.

On my 1963, I will go with the picture in the add and what I've seen on YouTube.
On my 1964, I will go with the system over the intake like I've also seen on YouTube as well.

Let me know your thoughts.
I'm going to the National in Columbus Ohio in Aug. so I will investigate more on it before deciding. I'm thinking they all ran along the valve cover on the right and across the front carb on the left. Saw a 64 maxwedge motor for sale on eBay that was old und rusty that had the original fuel lines on it and they ran a long the right valve cover and a cross the left carb. I'm sure we can figure it out. Thanks for your help and advice. Next I need to figure out what type of flooring to run, non jute but what? I hear black carpet, interior color carpet and also heard about the red and black spotted rubber mat floor like what's in the red car picture you sent me for the location of the chock pull handle.

Working on getting the door and rear quarter panels mounted on the top frames, cut the holes for the arm rests and handles. Ordered fabric as well from SMS for the seat covers, want to do the rear seat first.

IMG_1979.jpg IMG_1980.jpg IMG_1981.jpg IMG_1982.jpg IMG_1983.jpg IMG_1984.jpg IMG_1985.jpg IMG_1986.jpg IMG_1987.jpg IMG_1988.jpg

Man this is awesome you make it seem so easy. I feel like I’m watching a tv show and your building the car in 30 mins or less!!
Awesome keep up the great work

did you do the top half of the dash a mat red and the bottom half a gloss? I’m in the middle of body work myself and wondering if you had the colour code for the top and bottom of the dash?
I'm posting my 64 Plymouth Savoy build. Purchased this car 5 years ago on eBay. Los Angeles plaint built car shipped to Jerry Reid's Chrysler/Plymouth dealer in Glendale Arizona. When I purchased it, the pink slip was still in original owners name. Had no engine or interior except bench seat and rear seat. Original 6 cylinder 3 speed column car. Enjoy the pictures!
Fantastic work. I'm impressed.BTW, where did you get the shifter hump?

Working on getting the door and rear quarter panels mounted on the top frames, cut the holes for the arm rests and handles. Ordered fabric as well from SMS for the seat covers, want to do the rear seat first.

View attachment 1131914 View attachment 1131915 View attachment 1131916 View attachment 1131917 View attachment 1131918 View attachment 1131919 View attachment 1131920 View attachment 1131921 View attachment 1131922 View attachment 1131923
Super Stocks were arm rest delete, I made the same mistake.

Super Stocks were arm rest delete, I made the same mistake.
Hi Steve, The information I'm finding is Factory installed Equipment was Savoy Only Arm Rests with ashtray code 418 with the Maximum Performace Engine Package. Do you know of the information regarding a Arm Rest Delete option? I do know Max Wedge Cars had stock interior arrangements where as the Hemi Engine Cars had the rear seat delete and A100 front seats. Unless I'm wrong?

Hi Steve, The information I'm finding is Factory installed Equipment was Savoy Only Arm Rests with ashtray code 418 with the Maximum Performace Engine Package. Do you know of the information regarding a Arm Rest Delete option? I do know Max Wedge Cars had stock interior arrangements where as the Hemi Engine Cars had the rear seat delete and A100 front seats. Unless I'm wrong?
I have the Jim Schild, 64 Authenticity Guide and the Jim Schild Larry Griffith Guide also. I'll do some looking and let you know what I find.

Turns out per their books, only SS 64 Hemis had arm rest delete. 62-64s were stock interiors per model.

Chuck Marshall...on the arm rest issue...both of my 426 Max Wedges, 1963 Plymouth Savoy and my 1964 Plymouth Belvedere came with arm rests from the factory.
I hope that that helps.

Went with Comp Cam Magnum 1.5 Roller tip Rockers. The engine has a Flat Tappet Solid lifters also by Comp Cam. Had to go with Comp Cam Magnum pushrods with a 9.130 length to get the right rocker arm geometry. Painted the oil pump(High Volumn) melling and mounted. Got a 5/16 hex stock to prime system and check rocker arm oiling. Will do that when I get the oil and filter. Going to run Comp Cam break in oil 15/50 with a Fram racing HP filter.

IMG_1997.jpg IMG_1998.jpg IMG_1999.jpg IMG_2001.jpg IMG_1972.jpg IMG_1973.jpg

Mounted the oil pump, filled the filter with oil. Got the Comp Cam Break in oil 15/50. Went to the hardware store and got a paint mixer for a drill(it's 5/16 Allen which is what the size is for the oil pump drive) removed the mixing blade and had a long Allen stock. Wrapped electrical tape around the stock where it would ride at the distributor bushing to keep from hitting it. And ran it with a drill tell oil feed the rocker arms and ran down the valley. Worked out good so torqued the valve covers down and now waiting on the intake bolts to torque that down. I'll keep you posted

IMG_2002.jpg IMG_2003.jpg IMG_2004.jpg IMG_2005.jpg IMG_2006.jpg IMG_2007.jpg

Did you rotate the crank slowly while spinning the pump?

Auto Transport Service
Back