• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 R/T Barn find. Bought it to Strip???

oldmanmopar

Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Last night I went to look at a Charger for parts for my Roadrunner build. I remembered this car many years back, 80's. It was sitting directly across from the garage I just found it in.
A friend told me about it about a month ago . he saw the console mounted tape deck in another parts car I have. He mentioned he just saw the same deck in a Charger. I wasn't interested at the time.

Since the Roadrunner needed a Motor I went there to see what was there. I remembered the car being a sixpack. Only because someone stole the hood center and you could see it back then.
Here is what I found. A U-code 71 R/T non numbered maching 440 car sitting since the 80's.

Now you have to picture this. I look at the car and buy it for 7K the original motor with a cast iron six pack intake is on an engine stand next to the car . He took it out to save it. The car doesn't look touched for years.

He reaches in and it starts up.

I don't like these cars and never did. it is 440 Auto 8 3/4 suregrip floor mount cassett on console with buckets , Power disc brakes and steering. I can find another motor if someone wants to save this.
This picture is the only time I saw it during the day myself. I just got up and didn't go out and look at it yet. I snapped this pic from the front door. The car and my truck are filled with parts
Any interests come and get it . The longer its here The more goes missing. I will barter for parts for my RR. I bought it for a parts car. My question is, Is this car worth saving ? Or is it worth more in parts??

I am also oldmanmopar on FABO

DSCN2531[1].JPG
Its a solid car. from what I saw at night. I wouldn't have paid 7k for junk. DSCN2529[1].JPG DSCN2530[1].JPG

I like it.....how much? I like green cars, though.

Last night I went to look at a Charger for parts for my Roadrunner build. I remembered this car many years back, 80's. It was sitting directly across from the garage I just found it in.
A friend told me about it about a month ago . he saw the console mounted tape deck in another parts car I have. He mentioned he just saw the same deck in a Charger. I wasn't interested at the time.

Since the Roadrunner needed a Motor I went there to see what was there. I remembered the car being a sixpack. Only because someone stole the hood center and you could see it back then.
Here is what I found. A U-code 71 R/T non numbered maching 440 car sitting since the 80's.

Now you have to picture this. I look at the car and buy it for 7K the original motor with a cast iron six pack intake is on an engine stand next to the car . He took it out to save it. The car doesn't look touched for years.

He reaches in and it starts up.

I don't like these cars and never did. it is 440 Auto 8 3/4 suregrip floor mount cassett on console with buckets , Power disc brakes and steering. I can find another motor if someone wants to save this.
This picture is the only time I saw it during the day myself. I just got up and didn't go out and look at it yet. I snapped this pic from the front door. The car and my truck are filled with parts
Any interests come and get it . The longer its here The more goes missing. I will barter for parts for my RR. I bought it for a parts car. My question is, Is this car worth saving ? Or is it worth more in parts??

I am also oldmanmopar on FABO

View attachment 373174 Its a solid car. from what I saw at night. I wouldn't have paid 7k for junk. View attachment 373176 View attachment 373177

YES!!!! I've been looking for another 71 Charger

71 's rock :thumbsup: you have a piece of history there . how much are you asking for it

I paid 7000, Plus two trips, fuel an time 500 . The original motor is in the back of my truck yet. The car came with green interior but has black seats console and door panels. I would be willing to sell it with all parts and complete as I bought it or I would sell it cheap without the drive line. 7500 takes it all with the sixpack and original motor or 2000 for the body complete with what ever don't fit my road runner. Title transfered and waiting for return from DMV extra deck lid and chome trim with car and 3, 15 inch rallies Car has 72k miles 1992 last time registered. Come with cash and a trailer. I will save it for a week then I am having the guys bag and tag what I am keeping . I would trade it let me know what you have . My RR needs some AMD sheet metal ??? or a better 71 plymouth body for parts. 383 motor or car would be nice.

I paid 7000, Plus two trips, fuel an time 500 . The original motor is in the back of my truck yet. The car came with green interior but has black seats console and door panels. I would be willing to sell it with all parts and complete as I bought it or I would sell it cheap without the drive line. 7500 takes it all with the sixpack and original motor or 2000 for the body complete with what ever don't fit my road runner. Title transfered and waiting for return from DMV extra deck lid and chome trim with car and 3, 15 inch rallies Car has 72k miles 1992 last time registered. Come with cash and a trailer. I will save it for a week then I am having the guys bag and tag what I am keeping . I would trade it let me know what you have . My RR needs some AMD sheet metal ??? or a better 71 plymouth body for parts. 383 motor or car would be nice.

Location?

Here is what I saw today. The lower trunk extensions are there but rusty. The floor pans and rails are solid. will need quarter skins. The front bolts for the hood hinges on the inners are both rusted. I wush my roadrunner was this solid and complete. It has a 323 sure grip. Trans fluid is red Original short block is real nice taken out at 7200 miles in 92 and the car never saw the road again. Motor in the car is from a 77 chrysler Newyorker under 40k. He never drove the car after the install. The brakes never worked. New master cylinder installed but he never was able to bleed it. ??? I will take more pics tommorrow.

cool car ! nice barn find .someone should buy it and restore that one !!

Cool find, very cool. We all know how hard it is to come by a 6 pack car let alone with the drivetrain! Not my body style either, but I think it should go to someone who will restore it. It's a pretty unique car.
I think with proper advertising you will have no problem selling this, just gotta find the right Charger guy.

It is a U-code 440 magnum car . There was a six pack on it that he included with the original motor. I is a F440 block 906 heads

Oh ya, oops! I got all excited when I read the 6 pack sitting on it! :) I have a friend who has a 71 440 R/T. It is green as well. I was thinking this one was another step up.

I have been contacted first by a member B5bird by PM and Phone. He is getting first shot at this car. Thanks for all interest I will keep you all updated.

Auto Transport Service
Back