• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1970 roadrunners, field cars and now a new project

kyle340

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Ok, I thought I would post to tell you guys about my latest purchase yesterday. 2 1970 roadrunners, I've known about these cars for around 20 years, have knocked on the door, wrote letters with a not for sale Everytime. Yesterday riding by to check on them, a different truck in the driveway, so we stopped to ask. A man this time, it's usually a woman, I said I usually stop by and talk to a lady about the cars and am turned down but thought I would check again, he said they maybe can be bought things have changed, he said go look at them. Long story short we got both cars and now my 13 year old son has his dream car. We will be keeping his, the 383 4-speed car, the other will be sold to fund the project. I'll tell you a little about his, 383 buckets, console (gone, but they think they have it) B5 on B5. I got into the dealership that sold it new so we have every piece of paperwork you can have on it. The other 383 column auto, also B5, but with black interior. Here is how they sit right now until I can clean the shop up to get them both in to see what we really have.
IMG_20210530_152008851.jpg
IMG_20210530_152018588.jpg
IMG_20210530_151955052.jpg
IMG_20210530_151959630.jpg
IMG_20210531_154107800.jpg
IMG_20210530_201053392.jpg

Yep thats how you do it,go back and just keep asking. Congrats on the deal. :thumbsup:

You never know when or where. It just takes the right person at the right time. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Love the flipped air cleaner lid.... Old School.....:lol:

Congrats... Sometimes persistence pays off...

love the flame job....... those undersides are gonna be crusty

Good luck with the project
that'll keep the youngster busy for a couple years

nice you got both keep us posted on your progress

Good thing that you and your son came along to save them,as mother earth was trying to reclaim them!

Very cool. Hope the undersides are ok. We had a similar situation a few miles away from me. Guy bought a brand new 69 Bee. Drove it till 1978 when he blew up the motor. Proceeded to park it behind his house in the grass, just like yours were. He would never sell, always going to "fix her up". I started bugging him in the late 80's when it was still half way decent. Went back 4 years ago to try again and couldn't believe how bad it was. Nothing left of the entire bottom, so bad that the K-frame was rusted out. Never seen that before. 2 years ago somebody finally talked him into selling it for $4K. They had to put steel channels underneath just to be able to pull it out and get it on a trailer. Just sad because when it was parked it was in real nice shape.

Nice score! You guys saved them! Best to have the paperwork! Congrats!

Auto Transport Service
Back