• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Dart 170 should be here next weekend.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
Solid body with a /6 3 on the tree and AC. Shows mid 50k miles and the interior looks like that's true miles. Needs tires, exhaust and probably a carb. New tank, brakes work and runs but carb is a bit sick. Driver's door showing it needs to be repainted. Has original 64 title.....

image000000.jpg

Solid body with a /6 3 on the tree and AC. Shows mid 50k miles and the interior looks like that's true miles. Needs tires, exhaust and probably a carb. New tank, brakes work and runs but carb is a bit sick. Driver's door showing it needs to be repainted. Has original 64 title.....

View attachment 1528596
That is a sharp little car. A fun grocery getter, putting around just enjoying the ride. It looks clean, is it factory AC? Enjoy it sir!

Nice.

Can you say "unmolested"?

Very nice!! Good for you!! I got a thing for Darts and a/c is even better!!

That is a sharp little car. A fun grocery getter, putting around just enjoying the ride. It looks clean, is it factory AC? Enjoy it sir!
It has the under dash unit with a York compressor. Not sure if they came from the factory with AC or dealer installed units. Good question to ask around though...

That's most likely aftermarket.

Dealer installed usually used an RV-2 and a knee-knocker and could have had a "Chrysler" AC sticker on the pass side rear window that looked like an "AirTemp" sticker.

That's most likely aftermarket.

Dealer installed usually used an RV-2 and a knee-knocker and could have had a "Chrysler" AC sticker on the pass side rear window that looked like an "AirTemp" sticker.
Forgot about that AirTemp sticker....my 66 has (had) factory AC and that sticker is still on it.

Is that factory 2 tone turquoise?

I like it.

If you said it was original paint, I'd believe it.

Is that factory 2 tone turquoise?

I like it.

If you said it was original paint, I'd believe it.
Haven't seen it in person yet but another car freak that I've known since the mid 70's says it sure looks to be original paint.

You gotta be stoked at bringing it home. And that /6 that’ll last forever.
You may have to knock the rust off your “3-on-the-tree” shifting skills :poke:

You gotta be stoked at bringing it home. And that /6 that’ll last forever.
You may have to knock the rust off your “3-on-the-tree” shifting skills :poke:
No rust here on my shifting skills lol but will have to take it easy on the first couple of shifts to make sure it's in good shape. If it isn't....it might get a floor shifter modified to 'grab' 2nd where it should be :D

Classic styling is so different from today's cars. LOOK at how long that trunk is compared to what you see today.

1695405899631.png

1695405970959.png

View attachment 1528596
That's clean!

It has the under dash unit with a York compressor. Not sure if they came from the factory with AC or dealer installed units. Good question to ask around though...
Underdash for the Dart in 64 but it should have a V2 compressor and a Airtemp unit inside.
1695406804380.png

Auto Transport Service
Back