• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another hobby... Guitars!

Every pic of Mick Mars I've seen in the last decade- looks like actual death.

Last edited:
Interesting.

...along with the "rock star" lifestyle.

I’m missing a couple out of my first pic….

Jackson SL-1 USA
IMG_8931.jpeg

Kramer 5150 - I actually built from a kit. Has all original hardware as I could get
IMG_4210.jpeg

last but not least a new EVH Wolfe! I’ve played the 3-4k USA models and this one is just as good from Mexico! Unless you really wanna spend the cash, buy a Mexican one for about $1300 vs the Japanese at $2600 or USA for over 4k!
IMG_3832.jpeg

I love guitars, been playing since my teens on and off.

Current guitars:
1962 Silvertone - Black. Was my Dad's. My brother and I have joint custody :)
1976 Les Paul Custom - Wine red
1983 Les Paul Custom - Silverburst. I bought this one in 1991 for $500.00
1986/57 Reissue Stratocaster - Candy Apple Red. One of the first ones made in the Corona Factory
2012 Custom made Strat - Blue. Built by a former guitar tech for Kirk Hammett. Has a Bill Lawrence Humbucker in the bridge and stock Fender single coils.
2014 Custom made Tele - Black.

I added a picture of the real 1963 Stratocaster I used to own. I sold it around 2014 I think? It was a beauty. I should have kept it, they are way out of reach now.

Amps:

Rivera Quiana Studio
1962 Haynes Jazz King - Was also my Dad's. My brother and I have joint custody :)

I also like vintage pedals. Added a picture of the board from a few years ago.

Silvertone 2 001.jpg

Gibson 2010 029.jpg

wine red 3.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJB0E63(J(c7uBPwBOkFepQ~~60_57.jpg

Hawaii 2011 016.jpg

IMG_Gart.JPG

IMG_3087.JPG

My advise to everyone that asks me….buy vintage guitars, they hold or increase in value, and usually have a really good sound. The internet is flooded with cheap guitars, which play ok, but if you don’t like it, or want to buy a better guitar, will be almost impossible to sell.
There's still a lot of excellent guitars being made new though, I recently bought a Korean made LTD and it's one beautiful guitar and plays great. Same guitar sells for $600-$1,000 used all the time.
Here's one in my collection....

View attachment 1485892
That's awesome!!

There's still a lot of excellent guitars being made new though, I recently bought a Korean made LTD and it's one beautiful guitar and plays great. Same guitar sells for $600-$1,000 used all the time.

That's awesome!!
Understood. And when you use them every day, an inexpensive guitar can be just as good. But, when you plug in your vintage guitar, it’s a whole different world, they have a voice that’s unique to time. And, every single vintage guitar I’ve had has at least quadrupled in value over the years, some way more than that. I bought the black 72 LP in the picture on the left for $400, today it’s worth $12k-$14k.

Bought this guitar recently, it’s a 72 SG. Paid $1k, it’s worth $3k-$4k right now. The value in this guitar is in its sound tho, all original electronics make it one sweet sounding ride for $1k.

99CA992A-026A-4C6E-BDF8-C934AFD37DFA.jpeg

Love that shagpile. :thumbsup:

My contribution to the thread.....picked this up for $800 a few years ago. Replica Brian May signature guitar....normally go for around $2500 around here.

20230718_210636.jpg
20230718_210628.jpg

I also found a really cool Vox valve Amp to play it with.....all I need now is a few lessons. :lol:

Last edited:
I wish I could play better, but in 2013 I bough a Gibson SG Deluxe Cobalt fade from Sweetwater.
It looks and sounds awesome. I like it better than my Eric Johnson Fender Stratocaster.

SG2.jpg

All you right-handers making me jealous with all your different guitars. I get few choices being a lefty, tried to play right but just couldn't do it. I picked the guitar back up the end of 2019, I played a lot in high school back in the late 90's. Even had a pop-punk/Ska band for a while there, didn't know it at the time but that ska music sure did help my rhythm. I wish I had even close to some of the vintage guitars you guys have. Here's what I got for now

Schechter Hell Raiser (it's my metal Drop-C guitar)
Gibson Les Paul Slash November Rain Burst (got a killer deal on this one from a shop down in Tucson, AZ, absolutely love the finish on this)
Gretsch G5422 in White with gold hardware
Martin 00015M
Taylor 324CE V-Class Grand Auditorium (got this from Musician's Friend as a "scratch and dent" for $1400, not a mark or even a pick scrape on it)

Love that shagpile. :thumbsup:
I've learned not to take anything apart in the living room. Drop a screw, washer or anything else and it's gone forever or until you stand on it. We had a kid tip out a bucket of Lego in there years ago and we're still finding it the hard way.

Have one Peavey start. copy. Bought a Yamaha at a yard sale for 100 bucks' case plus kicker amp. I would not sell it due to the start. configuration also. Also, one Yamaha box guitar. Have one 100-watt crate amp four speaker with head amp. It is loud. Just had my Peavey 400 Nashville reworked and use it for small get togethers. All I can say is turn it up brother's Rock on. Mostly old rock and some newer. We do some country. Oh, I do have a banjo and play blue grass.

Auto Transport Service
Back