• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another hobby... Guitars!

All you right-handers making me jealous with all your different guitars. I get few choices being a lefty, tried to play right but just couldn't do it. I picked the guitar back up the end of 2019, I played a lot in high school back in the late 90's. Even had a pop-punk/Ska band for a while there, didn't know it at the time but that ska music sure did help my rhythm. I wish I had even close to some of the vintage guitars you guys have. Here's what I got for now

Schechter Hell Raiser (it's my metal Drop-C guitar)
Gibson Les Paul Slash November Rain Burst (got a killer deal on this one from a shop down in Tucson, AZ, absolutely love the finish on this)
Gretsch G5422 in White with gold hardware
Martin 00015M
Taylor 324CE V-Class Grand Auditorium (got this from Musician's Friend as a "scratch and dent" for $1400, not a mark or even a pick scrape on it)

I'd like to see your Gibson version of the Slash LP.

I have the Epi version.

It IS beautiful.

A long time ago........ when dirt was born!
My first one was a black 1961 Sears Silvertone guitar.

Had a 67 blond fender Telecaster with rosewood fingerboard and the last one pictured a 1990 Heritage H-575.

had a lot of pictures lost on my computer.....it was hacked with ransomware 6 years ago
Me 1990.jpg

Last edited:
A long time ago........ when dirt was born!
My first one was a black 1961 Sears Silvertone guitar.

Had a 67 blond fender telecaster with rosewood fingerboard and the last one pictured a 1990 Heritage H-575.

had a lot of pictures but my computer was hacked with ransom ware several years ago
View attachment 1496483
My 1st electric was a Harmony, very similar to yours that was bought at Sears along with a Silvertone amp. It was for Christmas '62. I impressed my parents with my ability to play Duane Eddy tunes on my Harmony acoustic they bought 1 1/2 years earlier that they thought an upgrade was deserved. I wish I still had them just for sentimental reasons. The electric came with a Bixby just like Duane Eddy. I was the envy in the neighborhood for 15-20 minutes until one of the other kids got a Mickey Mantle baseball bat. Yeah, me too.

My 1st electric was a Harmony, very similar to yours that was bought at Sears along with a Silvertone amp. It was for Christmas '62. I impressed my parents with my ability to play Duane Eddy tunes on my Harmony acoustic they bought 1 1/2 years earlier that they thought an upgrade was deserved. I wish I still had them just for sentimental reasons. The electric came with a Bixby just like Duane Eddy. I was the envy in the neighborhood for 15-20 minutes until one of the other kids got a Mickey Mantle baseball bat. Yeah, me too.
Yes a lot of Duane Eddy ventures Johnny & the Hurricanes......... i can relate..

I had a jack installed on the back of my parents record cabinet..... was not the greatest but i fell in love with the electric guitar...........

I played at 2 the high school proms and other local gatherings....... I now have a Tennessee flat top box.

Like the song by Johnny Cash...... and most of his songs too.

I quit collecting anything many years ago but had a 'few' guitars. Mr. Arthur Rightus started taking over my left hand so.....I sold my last one recently which didn't amount to being much of anything. It was a China made Yamaha full standard but it was a freebie at least and didn't sound all too bad when I could beat on it....

Guitars are a slippery slope... I've avoided owning multiple by getting the one, single guitar that I've ALWAYS wanted. I never named it.. but I do covet it a bit and love, love, playing the thing:

20210806_145325.jpg

20210806_144926.jpg

20210806_150139.jpg

2018 Jackson Warrior. Master built by Joe Williams for NAMM 2018.
C39972E7-B977-4CAF-B742-8CFEBF6B946E.jpeg

I've been on another FBBO Hyannis, busy I guess but saw all the alerts in regards to this thread.. lots of cool guitars posted! My collection has made a dramatic change since the original post, I sold both of mine, bought another, returned it and bought 2 more lol. These 2 are absolutely awesome, learned how to do a complete setups and got both dialed. A used Ibanez 470 and a Matt Heafy Epiphone LP. The Matt Heafy LP has modern Fishman Fluence pickups which have coil splitting plus active/passive options, a scooped neck for better access and a thinner neck.. I set it up with 10's for drop tuning.
IMG_20230818_174458752_HDR.jpg

This thread is a bit dusty but why not fire it up again. Looking at this Epiphone. I haven't played for years and only picked and played some 3 cord sets. I always wanted a electric and now that I am an old fart I need one! Besides, it is B5 Blue! Anything to look for other than neck repairs, truss rod adjustment and worn frets?

ep.jpg

EP2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is a bit dusty but why not fire it up again. Looking at this Epiphone. I haven't played for years and only picked and played some 3 cord sets. I always wanted a electric and now that I am an old fart I need one! Besides, it is B5 Blue! Anything to look for other than neck repairs, truss rod adjustment and worn frets?

View attachment 1529556

View attachment 1529557
And plug it in and make sure everything works....

I tried, I really tried to avoid doing this, but this thread just got resurrected AGAIN! Forgive me, couldn't help myself:

Guitars4.png

I bought the blue Epiphone. Real good shape although it could use a tune up. You guys do your own set ups or take them into the shop? What's that run for price. Mine could use nut and bridge work. I adjusted the truss rod which helped a bit. I think I might have a high fret on the low E because I get a little buzzing. I do have a tuner and fret polishing kit coming. I don't know if I should buy the set up tools and nut files or not. This one should be fine for me. Not too expensive or fancy but good enough to learn on.

20231010_102323.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back