• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any alignment machine guru's around here?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
With as much messing around on these old cars as I do, I have been wanting to be able to at least get the alignments close at home. Started a thread a couple months ago and the concensus was that they really need to go in to the pros. Well, my old alignment guy is retiring, so now it will probably be a kid doing the work. This old Hunter machine popped up on Craigslist this weekend. Dragged it home and hooked all the cables up. So far, everything seems to work. Walked me through the setup to the point of telling me to mount the sensors. I ordered a pair of slide plates on ebay and will need those before going much farther. Decent machine? Problematic? Things to look out for?

20220906_134722.jpg

20220906_134730.jpg

20220906_134745.jpg

20220906_134918.jpg

20220906_134944.jpg

20220906_134954.jpg

I did some alignments in high school shop class, Hunter is a good brand. Best advice I can give you is make the wheels aren’t doing this / | and you’ll be fine :lol:

Forgot to mention, the guy wanted $800 for it, but I got him down to $300. So if I can figure out how to use it and it works for 3 alignments, I will be ahead of the game. If not it will make a real nice heavy duty shop cart.

You can actually get them pretty darn close with just "feel" (and maybe a toe gauge) after you've done three or four.

...but a machine is nice to verify your work :)

For three bills I'd have dang sure picked that up.

I'm actually looking for the other part of the equation- a 4 post rack/lift with sliding jacks and built in turn tables.

I've been close a few times.

Damn !! I'll be driving over in my fleet for you to do alignments on my cars ! Why does it seems everyone else finds these bargains ???

After some mod's on my old ride, the OEM alignment no longer applies. Not even close. There are some excellent threads on this just in case you're ride isn't exactly stock anymore.

After some mod's on my old ride, the OEM alignment no longer applies. Not even close. There are some excellent threads on this just in case you're ride isn't exactly stock anymore.
Yeah, I had my Super Bee done a month ago. Used Kern Dog's recommendation for caster and camber. They were more than my alignment guy usually does, but it drives nice.

Last edited:
That 611 is a great machine and the DSP300 sensors work good. On the downside we no longer support either the computer or the sensors. That machine is fairly easy to operate. It will suck doing them on the floor but not impossible.
If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my phone number, I will help you out as much as possible.

Want to test it out on my ca! Nice score
Damn !! I'll be driving over in my fleet for you to do alignments on my cars ! Why does it seems everyone else finds these bargains ???
Yeah, why don't a couple of you guys stop over some weekend and show me how to run this thing. Bring your cars and we will get them aligned up.

That 611 is a great machine and the DSP300 sensors work good. On the downside we no longer support either the computer or the sensors. That machine is fairly easy to operate. It will suck doing them on the floor but not impossible.
If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my phone number, I will help you out as much as possible.
Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on that. So if any part goes bad, I will have to find a used replacement?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back