• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are all clones worth the same

Chuckcharger

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
For example I have 3 identical superbird clones, same color, miles, all original 318. Only difference between the 3 cars is the model year(68,69,70).

The 70 clone is worth 100k would the rest be worth the same? Would each year have a different value? Thank

Well, Superbirds were only produced in 1970 so take that into consideration. Daytonas on the other hand were 1969 and 1970. Totally different animals. There were no 68 cars unless it was a prototype of some kind. For what it takes to clone a 1970 Roadrunner or Belvedere into a clone you would think they would have spent a little more money on a drivetrain upgrade from a 318. Kind of like putting lipstick on a pig.

I summarily dismiss the OP's entire post as BS until I see a whole lot of proof.
There is so much wrong there, on so many angles/levels, as to be laughable...

You are correct for some reason I thought they did some for the 70 model. I stand corrected.

most-interesting-man-meme.gif

:D

?? Wait, a 1970 318 Superbird clone is now worth twice what my “real” 70 GTX is worth,
Oh the humanity

The 70 clone is worth 100k, for the right to say it's not real. I have a clone dollar bill, I'll sell you for 50 cents. You're killing me here.

I kind of wonder if he didn’t mean to post - For example, if I have 3 identical Superbird clones. In other wards, a hypothetical question?

I kind of wonder if he didn’t mean to post - For example, if I have 3 identical Superbird clones. In other wards, a hypothetical question?
If that's the best "hypothetical" he can come up with, that boy needs a hobby!

The value of a clone depends A LOT , on accuracy and quality of the build.
Glass nose versus metal nose, glass wing, versus aluminum wing , etc etc etc

As to value of a 69 bodied clone to a real 70s bodied clone, ???

To me , not even close

As to the question is a accurate 1970 clone worth 100k ????? Maybe to some , but not to me

Lol... I ment if I took a 69 satellite and cloned it to a 70 superbird would it be worth the same as a 70 satellite or roadrunner superbird clone?

The cost of making a 1968 or 1969 model look like a 1970 Superbird would be fairly steep, needing 1970 quarter panels, trunk lid, tail lamp panel and bumper...there were so many changes for the 1970 model year. At least the doors look the same on the outside.

Lol... I ment if I took a 69 satellite and cloned it to a 70 superbird would it be worth the same as a 70 satellite or roadrunner superbird clone?
NO it wouldn't

70 is the only year of Superbird
so it'd have to be on a 70 Sat. Belv. RR or GTX bodied car
pretty simple

Don't be so sure about that budnicks... there's a disgruntled Hemi Superbird owner, that's making money on youtube clicks, who's "original" car is rebodied from a '69 GTX.... :D

Auto Transport Service
Back