• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best MoPar Show or Car Show for early Bs

We have a couple of really fine Mopar shows in SE Wisconsin put on by the WI Mopar Muscle Club. One is in early June in Ocomomowoc and the other is on a Friday night in mid August in Brookfield (Milwaukee suburb).
You might be referring to the Quaden Dodge show? Odd story how I snagged 1st place back in '99. I was driving by as my folks lived not far from there and forgetting the show was on that day. I turned around went in for maybe two hours as I had other stuff on the agenda. I left the show and about a month later, at another show, this guy comes over to my car asking who I was having my name then hands me this plaque saying ya scooted before we could hand ya this. I was surprised as hell. No way my car was worthy I mean it was pretty nice being a CA car having installed a new SF interior; but despite how great the weather was that day, there weren't that many old B's there for some reason. Going there several times there WERE super pristine B's quickly worthy...but guess I snagged it with nice timing!

Quaden Dodge Plaque.jpg

Yes - Quaden - always a good time. Great story, Ron! Ramo Stott's Superbird race car was there a couple of years ago. That was very cool to see and it sounded even cooler!

You might be referring to the Quaden Dodge show? Odd story how I snagged 1st place back in '99. I was driving by as my folks lived not far from there and forgetting the show was on that day. I turned around went in for maybe two hours as I had other stuff on the agenda. I left the show and about a month later, at another show, this guy comes over to my car asking who I was having my name then hands me this plaque saying ya scooted before we could hand ya this. I was surprised as hell. No way my car was worthy I mean it was pretty nice being a CA car having installed a new SF interior; but despite how great the weather was that day, there weren't that many old B's there for some reason. Going there several times there WERE super pristine B's quickly worthy...but guess I snagged it with nice timing!

View attachment 1028388
Very cool story....I love it! I remember my good friend I worked with at several dealerships in wholesale parts over the years, (we grew up four houses apart also), asked if I would help “judge” a car show at our high school, “sure”, man, no problem, it’d be fun I thought........I know now why they don’t give trophy’s lol...! People got cra cra over NOT winning, of coarse I was on all our buds “shizzle list a few months. It’s funny now, but I would never do it again. My point though is this, I bet your car certainly did deserve the win...on the show I helped my buddy judge, they eventually respected us, However, never again.......
Thanks too, I will try to check that show out!

Very cool story....I love it! I remember my good friend I worked with at several dealerships in wholesale parts over the years, (we grew up four houses apart also), asked if I would help “judge” a car show at our high school, “sure”, man, no problem, it’d be fun I thought........I know now why they don’t give trophy’s lol...! People got cra cra over NOT winning, of coarse I was on all our buds “shizzle list a few months. It’s funny now, but I would never do it again. My point though is this, I bet your car certainly did deserve the win...on the show I helped my buddy judge, they eventually respected us, However, never again.......
Thanks too, I will try to check that show out!
I wouldn't want to be a judge either; there are the super la-dee-da shows where this is a real 'science' especially ranking cars that have been restoed to mimic the outright return to how it came off the factory floor down to correct location of crayon marks. Set ground rules making it more objective vs subjective. I had already done enough on the car where it would no longer be 'stock' adding a 4bbl, dual exhaust, magnum wheels, electronic ig, '65 Coronet rear, etc. by then. Last year took 1st at the Milwaukee WOW should for best B-body 'modified' since after a 2 year resto and $35k it's sure modified though looks stock other than the wheels/tires...and the color being later Chrysler shade....and ok the modified floor console and '62 dash, lol. And another lol...I've heard a lot of bitchin when someone didn't get an award - well I've been to many shows where I didn't win nada and often don't hang around long enough for it anyway...don't go hoping to win anything just to look at fantastic rides and shoot da chit with the owners and car buds.

That is why we run our "Celebrate Waupun" Car Show for FREE and give out random door prizes. Another point is volunteers, we run our show with about 12 people, if we had three judges per class we would need 50 plus people. Yes, we are in our "building years" and allow all year cars. But, this gives an opportunity to expose the younger people to the older cars and don't forget the interaction with the public. Last year we topped a record with 125 cars but every person had fun that we talked to. I hope to have our sixth annual show in 2021.

Yes - Quaden - always a good time. Great story, Ron! Ramo Stott's Superbird race car was there a couple of years ago. That was very cool to see and it sounded even cooler!

Don't forget Sonny.....'64bel, your HEMI is one of a kind!.....
awesome....
IMG_20180606_214044[1].jpg

919939_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ad2b24&_nc_ohc=gEuOP6KcdeIAX_SXCAZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

lot of WMMC Members on here! (Wisconsin MOPAR Muscle club )

457600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=8qMwsp2krj8AX8L5Oc6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

IMG_20190304_154759.jpg

Don't forget Sonny.....'64bel, your HEMI is one of a kind!.....
awesome....
View attachment 1028754
View attachment 1028761

lot of WMMC Members on here! (Wisconsin MOPAR Muscle club )

View attachment 1028762

View attachment 1028760
Hi really dig the red ‘63 Plymouth.... I tell ya, the ‘63 Plymouth’s have rapidly climbed the ol’ bucket list....In fact, I’ve thought about building a ‘63 Plymouth Max Wedge “replica”, instead of a ‘63 Dodge. Obviously, I’m a ‘63 Dodge nut, but I certainly, dig them all....Now, if the lotto numbers were to fall in my favor....lol....then I wouldn’t hesitate to dig my MW books out, try to locate a couple real McCoy’s for sale and go shopping, (as my wonderful wife would say), or register to bid at a fancy auction, do Tequila shots with the Speed Channel hosts, (Velocity, Fox, whatever it is), .........I joke...I joke......I’m seriously counting off the minutes, waiting for my doctor to call with test result...Thanks for humoring my silliness....getting old ain’t for sissies.....

Quaden 2019 - worth driving 70 miles in this.
IMG_6600.jpg

Rare and Beautiful Car
IMG_6601.jpg

Cool 2 door cop car.
IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

Sonny's Posse
IMG_6624.jpg

As seen on TV, but the real star is in the reflection!
IMG_6630.jpg

Sonny and Sal Black
IMG_6639.JPG

I wouldn't want to be a judge either; there are the super la-dee-da shows where this is a real 'science' especially ranking cars that have been restoed to mimic the outright return to how it came off the factory floor down to correct location of crayon marks. Set ground rules making it more objective vs subjective. I had already done enough on the car where it would no longer be 'stock' adding a 4bbl, dual exhaust, magnum wheels, electronic ig, '65 Coronet rear, etc. by then. Last year took 1st at the Milwaukee WOW should for best B-body 'modified' since after a 2 year resto and $35k it's sure modified though looks stock other than the wheels/tires...and the color being later Chrysler shade....and ok the modified floor console and '62 dash, lol. And another lol...I've heard a lot of bitchin when someone didn't get an award - well I've been to many shows where I didn't win nada and often don't hang around long enough for it anyway...don't go hoping to win anything just to look at fantastic rides and shoot da chit with the owners and car buds.
I hear ya, I’ve met some of the best folks on the planet attending shows, and swap meets, from 1979 until 2011/12 ish... but, after being sidelined with a major health issue for four years recently. I was a little shocked at the state of the hobby lol, when I began getting back out! There’s people who have infiltrated into the hobby that are freaking idiots......I can’t wait to take some road trips catch some shows in Wis, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, next year!

I don't know about the rest of you,but I do this for FUN. Don't care about winning anything.Don't register if they are judging because I don't care.
I don't get into the grease paint marks or factory perfect.That's just me. If that's your thing I think that's great.
I do enjoy seeing and talking to new people and finding the little thing done to their cars that make them their own.
Everyone's tastes are different.Now I'm into the low buck real hot rodding of yesterday,making things with what ya got.
Wagonwedge330,I too have had some major health issues lately and have really been feeling my age though my brain still thinks I'm a teenager.That's until it's time to get up from the creeper on the floor...:eek:

I hear ya, I’ve met some of the best folks on the planet attending shows, and swap meets, from 1979 until 2011/12 ish... but, after being sidelined with a major health issue for four years recently. I was a little shocked at the state of the hobby lol, when I began getting back out! There’s people who have infiltrated into the hobby that are freaking idiots......I can’t wait to take some road trips catch some shows in Wis, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, next year!
All theee best to you health wise and more. Safe travels and hope we might see each other when ya get to the cheese-head state! We also do pretty well with beer & brats - ya know healthy foods...

Auto Transport Service
Back