• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought any copper wire lately ???

I got that three times on Friday........they're a great crew and they really look after me. :lol:
Then maybe they won't be too offended if you chew their a$$ for storing that big stuff on it's side like that...respectfully, of course!:D:D:D

Then maybe they won't be too offended if you chew their a$$ for storing that big stuff on it's side like that...respectfully, of course!:D:D:D
I know that's not the correct way to store it....but space and time dictate what I get. It will be fine. I'll get the hire of the trailers for uncoiling for free. I'm also being given heatshrink to cover any oooops nicks for free. I'll take a few pics when I get to pull them into the duct. :thumbsup:

Yeah, we used to run some pretty heavy gauge stuff when we did tour electrics. Fun stuff like portable 1600A 3-phase panels, that fed dimmer racks / distro boxes for everything on stage - lights, audio, chain motors, automotive-sized turntables, stage lifts...

We called it "elephant dick".
As an apprentice electrician we were working with 750mcm cable on the job , and a journeyman said to me “kid , this will probably be the largest cable you will work with in your career”. He was right.
I was a 1st year helper. No one was allowed near the 1000MCM scrap. If I would have known then how uncommon it was, I would have finagaled a foot of it. I think it weighed nearly 5 lbs a foot.

Auto Transport Service
Back