• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

And you love it!! Admit it!! :lol:
I have a trash can just for dog hair, outside on the back porch where I brush em. It gets emptied each week. It still don't help much. If dog hair was a horror, I wouldn't have more than one. I've got four, three long hair shepherd,and one black short hair. The short hair sheds more than the three long hairs combined! (That's why they are "German shedders"!

In AZ it's NON-STOP "German Shedders" Dad's shep (1981-1990) shed a ton too. A real goofball he was!! "BIG TOUGH DOG", NOT!!! Mom's siamese cat would sleep on top of him!! WUSS!!! :lol: GREAT DOG!! Dad missed him.

With hands greasy from wrenching one hour ago, I plucked from my mouth, a long, curly black hair from my last dog from two years ago... and smiled. It's been so long, I rarely see his hair which was copious.
Sam, you gotta pull the trigger on one of these (metaphorically speaking). You deserve each other, both your lives will be better for it.
As a lifetime cat person (still have an older tuxedo) i dont know how I could live without my dog brood.
Expensive dog? SO WHAT! It's only money, against a lifetime of love.
I have the money, though it seems crazy. I wear $30 jeans, $10 shirts, drive old cars, but since I discovered Belgians, I have coughed up the cash. This pup is $2400, but that doesn't affect my decisions. The sad part is with these high prices, it is bringing in people who are in it only for the money and they are breeding dogs with behavior and health problems. This is an old time breeder.

Snuck in when I wasn't looking . . . I don't really want them in there, but I have to vac it out anyway.

Keep the family together! The two in my pic are litter mates although they don't look like it. Their brother looks different too.
Just the pup available, parent photos are to show what he might look like. Probably don't need to go from no dogs to the three stooges. I would though.

Go for it Sam!! Just watch the "STOOGES" instead of tv, it will be relaxing for you. Enjoy the "fights for the open car window", cabin camera and post video here for us to enjoy too.

In AZ it's NON-STOP "German Shedders" Dad's shep (1981-1990) shed a ton too. A real goofball he was!! "BIG TOUGH DOG", NOT!!! Mom's siamese cat would sleep on top of him!! WUSS!!! :lol: GREAT DOG!! Dad missed him.
My 75 lb deaf shepherd is afraid of my 8lb tuxedo. She jumps on the bed to sit on my lap.....and he immediately leaves. (I'm sure she nailed him in the nose when he was young. He's two yrs and change.)

My options have opened up since I found out I have a niece who can fly anywhere in the US for free and wants to haul a puppy for me. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt this evening because of the wind and cold. That means below freezing temperatures will soon be here and Winter is not the best time to get a puppy, though I'm just about ready to say screw it. Chewed shoes, a little pee, what do I care, I won't see the money when my place sells, what do I care if there is a stain or two?

Historically, the breed has had excellent stewardship and pups have never been easy to source. Breeders would have a couple reserves before they bred. In those days, 10 pups was a curse, now to some people, it's $25,000. I believe this lady is one of the good breeders still out there. I'm worried about health concerns the most. A young friend had a beautiful and sweet German Shepherd. He was one of those who would come trotting up after he recognized you. He loved people. At two years old, he got hip dysplasia. I felt so bad for both of them as they tried different treatments to no avail. That was 10 years ago and he never did get another dog

Puppy pics. Thor’s first point

40A4BFB9-16A4-4076-A3A1-F205A188633C.jpeg

0484B7E8-5897-429F-B958-3F4E923F51B7.jpeg

DA524780-B5B0-4C95-9870-818FFD579903.jpeg

4A0929F0-D4A2-4F49-A6A0-60049CFCF9F1.jpeg

They want THEIR "beds"!!!
Oh the horror, DOG HAIR!! :lol:

Not much from these guys. Their coats are very short. Makes them warm and cuddly in the winter. Their coats aren't long enough to keep their body hair in so they've got to cuddle.

This is Mika, she is a German Shorthair Pointer, almost a year and a half old now. When not sleeping on the couch, she is either in the pool or chasing squirrels in the back yard. She is FAST. Caught her first squirrel yesterday.

Mika 2.jpg

Mika 1.jpg

I was at an auction sale yesterday and there was a damn Belgian sheepdog puppy there... for sale.
So today I'm supposed to go look at puppies. There are three boys and one girl. The one I saw today was a nice little boy, but he was very slow and shy. The guy said he was three months old and you would think he would know, but the puppy is very small, he looks like he's two months old. Comes from working stock, and I saw a video of his dad moving about 100 cows through Pine trees, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, and he got them moved over the ridge and towards the valley. Job done, he came running back with a big smile on his face and his tongue hanging. The parents are fine looking dogs, even herd as a team, but he is so small, the guy has to have misspoken about age.

... Or, he is a cattle rancher, and some have a different view of animals. . The energy level of this breed can be right up there with any border collie you ever saw, so he may have them out early to hide that possibility. I think eight weeks is borderline old enough but I wonder if they're finished with socialization of littermates. They were whelped in the barn and they still live there, so I'm afraid they'll get stepped on by cows.

Dropped off Dutch for a month of training this morning. She'll get force fetched, bird introduction and gunfire. Best part is because it's hunting season already and all the dogs are gone she'll get extra attention, I hope and he has Mallards leftover he'll shoot over a pond for her along with pigeons and chukkar. Hope it works out and I can try her out in the last month or two of the season.

crappy digital photos of Polaroids
'Dan the man' (like 1997)
one of "The Dukes" last pups
Budnicks Dog Dan.JPG

'The Duke' grey haired old boy, he was a great Lab
fathered 81 pups, most were chocolate
a few yellows, some blacks
He loved going :monkeyleft: to Paradise Ranch, the breeder's place (now closed & sold)
2 dykes ran it, nothing but female dogs, mostly all labs too
Budnicks Dog Duke.JPG

my beloved Lord Budnicks, by his car
68 RR #16 Driveway front ds Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.JPG

Elvis my dog now
Elvis & Bubba 7-27-2015 8-weeks on deck (2).JPG

he's 8 now, this was when he was 5
a lil' greyer on the muzzle now
Elvis 5 years old on deck.JPG

Bubba the rescue I fostered
I still miss him, I almost kept him, but he needed a place with kids & open space
so much energy
Bubba & Elvis 7-26-2015.JPG

he lives on an Almond farm down by Oakdale now,
free rein to run, he's getting old
he'd be 10-ish now
I see him about 2-3 times a year, cool he still recognizes me
comes running right up, Darren says he doesn't do that with people other than him & his family

Bubba 7-26-2015 on deck.JPG

Well, here's the story. I didn't pick any of the pups because of what the man told me and I wanted to research and find out more. I had met the sire years ago, and he is still a gregarious dog, kind of a pest wanting to be pet.

Mother is just like him, maybe even more so.
Both parents are small. She is small and thin but then again, she just got off the teat. Poor thing.
The man said she came from a puppy mill. So that means she's probbably line bred. That scares me. The pups are all on the small side except for two boys. Another reason I didn't take one today, even though I liked orange and blue boys, the man started talking about more pups. He only wants $500 which is a lot cheaper than $2K, but I had already put the money away for a dog knowing how much they cost, so that isn't my main concern.
He owns 38 square miles of Black Hills Forest land that sells for 10-20 grand per acre and he's thinking about the $500. So me not taking one might discourage him some from having more pups. If it's a pain, he might not do it again.
So what are the risks of pups from a puppy mill puppy? I really want to rescue one, but things like hip dysplasia and epilepsy are horrible possibilities.

I am sorry I can not do rule #1. I have to pet every dog I see!!!!
Me too, :thumbsup:
I'm like Dr. Dolittle of the neighborhood seems everyone's animals
come up to be petted, or I go over to them & pet them...

At this moment I'm watching the Westminster show and I have a 12 pound puppy sleeping on my chest. It's a good day. Pictures later after we wake up

She's still sleeping on me, and will as long as she wants, but I got this blurry shot earlier
P1015115.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back