• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

before I started cutting out the squeekers before giving my brood a new ball, the squeekers would be killed within five minutes, without exception.
If I had enough reason to, I think I could get a pic of about thirty balls for my dogs. At least seven they ignore, six or seven brand new ones they will never get again, and about 12-16 that are in regular rotation.

Last edited:
before I started cutting out the squeekers before giving my brood a new ball, the squeekers would be killed within five minutes, without exception.
I understand my sister's Belgian Malinois, Koni does the same thing
he has no concept of toy,
it's just destroy
I sort of trained him to retrieve when he was 1st at my sisters
he didn't like giving the ball back/or giving it up
he'd just go over & chew the **** out of them

he's mangled my Dog Elvis's toys a few times

he's fun to play with now,
but any ball or toy (except a stick) after I'm done
I take them away & have to put them up really high or in a drawer etc.
so he can't find them, or he'll get to them, he's a smart SOB
& chew/shread them up

Dog Belgin what has 4 legs & an arm - A happy Melinois.jpeg

Last edited:
We found the perfect ball for our dog, who shreds pretty much every ball we could find.
Not sure who makes it but it’s made out of the same nearly indestructible plastic as all the rest, but is large. It’s probably about six inches or so in diameter and she can get enough of a grip on it to carry it, but it’s too large for her to get enough leverage to crush it and then shred it. Have about two weeks of daily use in it so far and it’s still pristine. Nothing else has lasted for more then a day.

Thor is a Chocolate lab. I have always wanted a Doberman
He wouldn’t look at me because of the ducks in the river. They flew the minute I released him.
View attachment 1607772
i have had many dobes , we love em . such characters ! there kinda out of style these days making them a little difficult to locate . although you can find plenty on internet i’m reluctant to buy un seen and ship a dog . pits bulls and rotts and labs seem very popular these days .

I have a retirement plan, converting half of my barn into 5 kennels. Heat A/C, with a 40x 80 outdoor fenced run. One half cement and the other half grass. I would be able to board and daycare four dogs. I could be selective on the dogs that I care for.
I think it would be a great way to have a nice little retirement income.

My daughter drops her 2 year a Grand Pyrenees mix 90lbs at a doggie daycare. It's only $20a day, she takes him 2 times a week, to tire him out.. You might want expand that part $20 per day per dog isn't a hole lot $$,need some volume. mo

I was thinking I would try to match the other kennels. I don't want to take from the other kennels. I love dogs and think I would enjoy and get some extra exercise while earning some car money

Do you live near a high traffic area like an Interstate? As I was running my dog on the Ft Meade installation yesterday, I was thinking how it is so nice. It's 1/2 mile from the exit on I-90, wide open with no cars or shooting. That's important when your dog looks like a black coyote. Bear Butte in the background

My thought is: pens, big enough to play fetch, with 5 foot tall fences where people who are traveling can exit and let their dogs run. Let your dog run alone or let them play if there happens to be a likely playmate there when you are. Have a cheap cover charge with an honor box, but upsell with treats, toys, and bottled water in vending machines. Provide scoopers and most people will pick up after their dog.

P1015331.JPG
P1015332.JPG

Last edited:
The only good point of a vet visit is the car ride. They've made themselves at home in the wagon. One of the reasons I wanted one.

IMG_4468.jpeg

a minute of Zen The first time they met

Last edited:
Dad filled in the holes/trenches that Toga dug while playing and now it's quite fascinating. Mmmmm, the smells emanating from the sand!

IMG_4480.jpeg

Toga got busy playing/digging in the sand with one of many Nylabones. Glad I got it prepped up for her.

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4483.jpeg

IMG_4484.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back