• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

get me 600 hp

the mph was 123.4.this car has 9x29.5x15 slicks with a 727,3500 conv.,4.30 gear .

Sam my 63 would be a great race for your car as my best is 10.70's @ 124 and I run a 30 x 9 x 15 tire. I run pump gas 493 as its mostly a street car that weighs just over 3700 lbs and I do run through the full exh. I love close races as they are the best kind but of course winning the race makes it even more fun. LoL ! Ron

yes that would be a good match,i run 3.5 from headers to dynomax bullets in front of rearend.

Is like to see some real world examples of Wallace calculator formulas working with know factors.

Is like to see some real world examples of Wallace calculator formulas working with know factors.

I hear that. Reading that piece I posted, plenty of research shows it's off by as much as 50% as there are just too many factors to create anything but a gross estimate.

I posted a bunch of real track data vs Wallace calculators and they were unbelievably close on all that I compared.

it also depends on who's dyno #'s used. not all dyno's read the same.

Are you trying to stay in a certain class? Is it a nostalgia car? What is your plan? A good size hydraulic roller would work miracles. A little EFI and maybe some ethanol. If that fits with the class you want to run you can get closer to 700 without too much hassle

I read that thinking I could apply some of that to my 451 build. He lost me at 0.816" lift lol. Great God almighty!

Valve spring killer
less cam, a little less flow & power, but still a great basis for an engine

I posted a bunch of real track data vs Wallace calculators and they were unbelievably close on all that I compared.[/QUOTE

well then I stand corrected and I guess my cars were just unbelieveably slow cuz I know from your post that you are on top of it bobtile

I posted a bunch of real track data vs Wallace calculators and they were unbelievably close on all that I compared.[/QUOTE

well then I stand corrected and I guess my cars were just unbelieveably slow cuz I know from your post that you are on top of it bobtile

You asked a question and I posted real data in response. Sorry If you didn't like the outcome.

Maybe I'm wrong, bob-o, but I read his post as a compliment.

Maybe I misread that. Can't tell intent through text. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Maybe I misread that. Can't tell intent through text. Sorry if I'm wrong.

it was a compliment brother. I go over to the Chevy forums to fight with people, not on here.

been enjoying your saga with your car as well

it was a compliment brother. I go over to the Chevy forums to fight with people, not on here.

been enjoying your saga with your car as well

As I said, you can interpret a text in 5 different ways. I usually pick the wrong way. I shouldn't as I'm the biggest wise *** there is. I'm surprised that more people don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This will get you there with about 100HP to spare. throttle cable.jpg

My last Eddy headed motor was a +.060" 440. Eddy heads with the bowls cleaned up, .590 Mopar solid, 12-1, 850 Holley, swap meet single plane (old). At 3750lbs it ran 10.90's anywhere, 10.80's on a good day. The 470 low deck w/ a little porting and a modern cam should easily make 600.
Doug

My last Eddy headed motor was a +.060" 440. Eddy heads with the bowls cleaned up, .590 Mopar solid, 12-1, 850 Holley, swap meet single plane (old). At 3750lbs it ran 10.90's anywhere, 10.80's on a good day. The 470 low deck w/ a little porting and a modern cam should easily make 600.
Doug

Pump gas motor?

and not be able to use any of my parts.the point is to make use of the parts I already have.i guess if you are giving it away I could swap some parts to make it fit.lol,your car does good by the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back