• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Global warming...

Why the hate for demoncrat al gore? Hypocracy and lies.
He must really be concerned about rising ocean levels, he just bought a $9 million BEACHFRONT home in california.
Paraphrasing Harry Truman: you can't get rich as a politician unless you're crooked.

I must have jinxed myself this morning because we lost power around 10:30 am. Thankfully it's back on now. We have around 16 inches of snow and now the freezing rain is coming down. I have a feeling that it's going to worse before it gets better.

I must have jinxed myself this morning because we lost power around 10:30 am. Thankfully it's back on now. We have around 16 inches of snow and now the freezing rain is coming down. I have a feeling that it's going to worse before it gets better.
Too bad Ironbuilt, that's a 3 phase line in that pic which means you live on a main line. And which also means, if that goes out- lots of people go out.
Currently approximately 340,000 without power.
We haven't got calls for aid yet, but I'll be in @ 3:30, I'm sure it's coming. Packing a bag as we speak- er type......

Why the hate for demoncrat al gore? Hypocracy and lies.
He must really be concerned about rising ocean levels, he just bought a $9 million BEACHFRONT home in california.
Paraphrasing Harry Truman: you can't get rich as a politician unless you're crooked.

Al Gore sits on a self-made throne. He has reached a place where he can laugh at the minions.
His public distance from what he -used to preach- is drowned out by the sound of crickets.

When it comes to -climate and/or politics- the key is to use what is the -taste of the day- for personal gain. Good old Al has been there and got his scoop of ice cream.

One should never lose sight of what may motivate politicians.----(all politicians).

We vote for (generally) someone that is bound with solid ethics.--What we get are humans that have their own agendas. EEK.

Trump-- seems to be a confusing and troubling anomaly to the "deep state".

IMO this is the best (most important) political situation our country has been in since it's inception.

We are getting back to (very close to) the original essence that made our country what it is.

Are we seeing the beginning of a do-over to re-establish what we already have?:realcrazy:

Sometimes I digress--:)

Why the hate for Al Gore? He would have been wrong if he said ice caps on greenland and antarctica would have melted by 2020 and submerged NY City. I don't recall him saying that. The cold is regional and could actually be tied to climate change, but more likely it is just part of the weather patterns. We had cold here a few weeks ago, but now it is back to being very nice and actually quite warm.
Will no location available - this cold spell is not regional. We have had one of the coldest Novembers on record and December has been below average so far. Our cold weather usually does not get here till January and February. I find this to be nothing but an unusual weather trough. But it has been an unusual year.

A cold spell.:rofl:

This is just as funny as a hot spell.:rolleyes:

If records started last year--- just how would we be alarmed by -this- days temp/weather vs what happened last year on this day?:realcrazy:

The sky is falling has been with us from day one. (or earlier:))

Last edited:
Too bad Ironbuilt, that's a 3 phase line in that pic which means you live on a main line. And which also means, if that goes out- lots of people go out.
Currently approximately 340,000 without power.
We haven't got calls for aid yet, but I'll be in @ 3:30, I'm sure it's coming. Packing a bag as we speak- er type......
Currently they are reporting over 150,000 outages in NC. Thank you for your service my friend, it is much appreciated in these parts. We have had a rough year weather wise.

Well , the Pocono’s know all about the weather.(Allentown, 30+ yrs ago) . Thanks moparwacko for all you guys do!

This is an interesting video (4 years old) about the history of this issue.

right now 195-205% of 'normal' snow levels in the Sierras
allegedly biggest/most early snow #'s in some 22 years

we had another great year about 3 or 4 years ago
took out tons of trees & powerlines

I'm sure that the 'ski resorts' are loving the recent global warming

right now 195-205% of 'normal' snow levels in the Sierras
allegedly biggest/most early snow #'s in some 22 years

we had another great year about 3 or 4 years ago
took out tons of trees & powerlines

I'm sure that the 'ski resorts' are loving the recent global warming
Next it will be avalanches - waiting. What else can happen out there?

But--But- what about plate tectonics? --The motion of the -fluid surface -of the planet that creates mountains.

Sometimes land rises--EEK ---This can't be good. It might change the level of the sea. Populations need to move to high ground and stomp it back down to their liking.:)

I am always amused at the powers man bestows upon himself. I was reading about this climate stuff and ran across a blip on the Smithsonian website. It went something like this, 55 million years ago, 10 million years after the extension of the dinosaur, the average global temperature was warmer than it is now. The Smithsonian and other websites vary between 5 and 9 degrees warmer.
These fear-mongers must rely on their lemmings believing that the climate of this earth is as it is, now and forever. The radical changes of the earths climate have been going on since its inception, form extreme cold to extreme heat and everything in between. So far the earth, some sort of living creatures and plants have survived. The earth may destroy us but we will never destroy the earth. We are not as important as we think we are.

MY ***!!! I woke up to this in North Carolina this morning. Supposed to get 16 inches before it's all over. The state will be crippled for a week. I guess my steel delivery to Pittsburgh is going to have to wait.

View attachment 688803
Dude you had an empty lot, doing donuts bobtail in the snow is better than a lap dance

No one person can say how warm/cold the earth was 500 years ago or longer with any concrete accuracy. Drilling in the ice for cores doesn’t tell a diffinitive story on temperature.

If you ascribe to Global Warming (now called climate change to cover both sides of the spectrum) you are giving folks you man not agree with (our government) the power to control every fascet of your life (your job if it is deemed unpopular.... Coal), fossil fuel autos, non-"green" industry etc.
This also means muscle cars can also be eliminated because of their "carbon footprint' or taxed heavily, no more muscle cars or FBBO.
Pushing "climate change" is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders............

This discussion has gone all over the place with 'fear mongering' about what accepting evidence for global warming is and about 'possible' exceptions and the natural order. First, accepting evidence for global warming and handing over rights to the government are two unrelated things. Second, there is no doubt that the Earth will continue to evolve by natural forces, but this doesn't mean that we don't affect the environment we inhabit on Earth. Nor does it mean that as we have become more advanced and numerous that our impact on the natural factors that play a role in climate has not changed. Evidence suggests it is at the point where our activities are of changing climate and temperature of our environment, pure and simple. The issue is on the short term, geologically speaking. We have constraints on past temperatures from various natural and historical records and while we may not be absolutely precise, we are precise enough so that our estimates are not only accurate, but resolve a signal. As one goes back in time the precision (and accuracy decreases), but it is still sufficient to say something about the evolution of Earth.

One last response since it was mentioned before. Trump is not a troubling and confusing anomaly to the 'deep state', he is troubling and confusing and is the 'deep state'. Gore, he has been a victim because 'deep state' doesn't want to take responsibility for our potential actions as humans.

Whenever we populate Mars, it'll give us a better idea of how much of an actual impact mankind has on a planet. We're already on track to junking it up with all these landers and rovers

Auto Transport Service
Back