• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help again... won't crank

code_red

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
I put the stock ecu back on since I have to get some parts for the chrome box. Now it won't fire at all. Tested the starter relay and it's fine. It cranks when you put a screwdriver against the 2 posts. I don't hear the fuel pump kicking in at all. I recently painted the engine bay so I had everything off... thought I had it right... guess not. There's a yellow wire near the starter relay...should that be hooked to anything. I think it's a hot wire.

Sorry.. all of this is totally new to me. I have to learn somewhere.... lol.

I gave up. I think we're going to pick up some new wiring harnesses when we go to the Mopar Nationals and redo everything. It needs it anyway.

Here's what it looks like. It was just hanging above the starter relay. (it has black paint all over it.)

DSCN3453.jpg

the yellow wire is the wire that actually trips the relay allowing voltage to the starter in your pick it looks like you have a brown wire coming off the relay just laying there? that brown wire looks to me like someone rigged up there own extension for the yellow wire by your pic i would say you need to connect the yellow to that brown wire

Auto Transport Service
Back