• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need L O N G E R rear wheel studs!

Funny story, Mike...
I have the Dr Diff 11.7" kit that uses Ford parts.
For years I thought I had the 10.7" setup he sells. I have notebooks of work and maintenance on this car stating 10.7" rear discs so when I measured these yesterday, I was amazed.
I looked back at my notebook from 2006 and it shows (In my writing) 11.7" discs. The later notebooks show 10.7".
I'm not kidding when I've stated that each day in my life is mixed with brilliance and bone-headed actions.
Someone may have mentioned 1 1/2 X the diameter of the stud for thread engagement. Plenty unless you are drag racing or Rallye course driving. Cass (Dr. Diff) would be the one to ask.

I have used the standard engineering guideline of shank diameter as a bare minimum of thread engagement in many areas of construction as well as wheels on cars. I don't drag race the car but I have done so before. I do want to take it on a road course like the guy on this forum with the B-5 Blue 69 Super Bee. That car looks amazing on the course.
I called a local NAPA store. They have what I need. I'm heading there now to clear them out!

Someone may have mentioned 1 1/2 X the diameter of the stud for thread engagement. Plenty unless you are drag racing or Rallye course driving. Cass (Dr. Diff) would be the one to ask.
We went by the length of the nut at work and full thread engagement of said nut was good. Any thread hanging out of the nut is a waste lol.

The part # I needed was 610-132, but this is only for front wheel that is 11" drum brake. rear drums are different and so is 10" drums. These are made by Dorman so may be available in other auto stores also. As Wild R/T stated they only come in one length.
Ok thinking they should work for my 11x2.5 rears

Ok thinking they should work for my 11x2.5 rears
I think you need # 610-103 for the rear wheels. The knurl dia. is .673 on these. They are made for the rear wheels. The # I used is for the front wheels and the knurl dia. on those is .650. Quite a bit of difference between the front and rear wheels.

I did buy the Dorman 610-446 wheel studs and installed them today.

Re-Rebuilding the 440-493 in a 1970 Charger

Post # 354.
Wait!!! I thought those wouldn't fit... Stanton sez so right here..

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 11.09.36 PM.png

Milodon, Moroso and Moser Engineering make wheel studs for the rear & front, personally i am using the Moser for the back cause the knurl is .685, 10 thousands over stock. Since we have to push the stock ones out, and some metal is lost and/or moves around, i figured something a little larger might be best. shrug... but i might be nuts... :)

For reference Moser Part # 8020.

The part # I needed was 610-132, but this is only for front wheel that is 11" drum brake. rear drums are different and so is 10" drums. These are made by Dorman so may be available in other auto stores also. As Wild R/T stated they only come in one length.
So I have the new one piece front Rotor front Bendix Brakes as the Old two piece Were rusted and not useable/turnable? If I put a left hand stud in the front Rotor What would the size be for the new one piece Rotor?

So I have the new one piece front Rotor front Bendix Brakes as the Old two piece Were rusted and not useable/turnable? If I put a left hand stud in the front Rotor What would the size be for the new one piece Rotor?
Since they are aftermarket rotors you'll need to remove a stud, measure the knurl & try to match it...

Auto Transport Service
Back