• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm always looking for car cars I think are underappreciated.

SteveSS

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
At the Rock and Rumble today I saw a couple of 1968 AMC Ambassadors. I thought they looked pretty good. They had some sexy hips. File photo.

american-motors-ambassador-1968-3.jpg

There was a VW Karman Ghia for sale next to us. Every chic at the show wanted it. I also noticed a lot of 1st gen Mustang coupes. Normally the coupes aren't that show-worthy. There was a badass '66 Mustang fastback. It was shittin' and gittin' it at the dragstrip. At the strip, you could stand within 8' of the car's leaving. I'm no longer a fan of open headers.

Last edited:
At the Rock and Rumble today I saw a couple of 1968 AMC Ambassadors. I thought they looked pretty good. They had some sexy hips. File photo.

View attachment 1516007
Them and the Rebel Machine are pretty automobiles. My dad had a Stallion Brown 67 Ambassador. Even though it was a 4 door it was a pretty car.

I'm sure there are a lot of under appreciated Pinto's Pacers and Mustang II cars out there that are looking for love in all the wrong places! Lol!

Underappreciated...the Rodney Dangerfield of B Bodies:

67a50fd480e76512eecee14416ad7d24.jpg

I think my Magnum gets more interest at cruises than my Challenger convertible or 71 V code Challenger do.
Some years back I was at a very big cruise with my 09 Challenger R/T, and parked next to some friends of mines black Gremlin X. I was sitting behind my car, and started to get irritated after a while because every other spectator there kept coming up to me and asking me if the Gremlin was mine. People really seemed excited about that damn Gremlin!

In the 80’s when I worked at the Ford dealer, my mentor there was an AMC enthusiast. He ha a Hornet that was a pretty cool car. He also restored a Matador X, red with a white stripe. It was a cool ugly car. I had a 71 340 Demon at the time.

When in the AF, I cross trained out of cops to transportation and ended up in the motor pool and out back in a barn, they had a couple of fairly new AMC Ambassadors (70 iirc) and they ran very well with that small V8 (304?) and had pretty good road manners on the autobahn and hitting 110mph wasn't any problem. Huge difference from the Ford Wagons that had ya white knuckling at 90! Even the 71 Dodge SWB pickups were way better than those wagons.

Saw a Geo Metro on Wednesday and the guy was delivering pizza to someone in Krogers. Thought that was an odd ride to be using for that kind of duty. It looked like it was in good shape except for the paint was half dead.

Saw a Geo Metro on Wednesday and the guy was delivery pizza to someone in Krogers. Thought that was an odd ride to be using for that kind of duty. It looked like it was in good shape except for the paint was half dead.
60 MPG Bro! :lol:

A buddy in HS had a Metro. That little 3 cylinder would SIP fuel...perfect for a delivery vehicle. Beat the snot out of it, sips fuel, fill it up once or twice a month...and don't give two s#its what happens to it in traffic!

A buddy in HS had a Metro. That little 3 cylinder would SIP fuel...perfect for a delivery vehicle. Beat the snot out of it, sips fuel, fill it up once or twice a month...and don't give two s#its what happens to it in traffic!
My BIL bought one....I think it was. I remember it being a 3 banger and the seat moved so far back I couldn't reach the pedals! He was 6' 7 so he bought it since he fit in it and was looking for a sipper.

My BIL bought one....I think it was. I remember it being a 3 banger and the seat moved so far back I couldn't reach the pedals! He was 6' 7 so he bought it since he fit in it and was looking for a sipper.
3 cyl 1000 Suzuki in a metro= 55hp
3 cyl 1000 Suzuki in an arctic cat Thundercat= 172hp.

Regardless, you pull the motor out the same way, with your arms . Well, I was younger then. :rolleyes:

Underappreciated? 90's Buicks with the supercharged 3.8.

I have always liked some of the AMC line up, never a fan of the Gremlins, Pacers. To be honest, I have wanted a Mustang ll Cobra since they first hit the market.

Auto Transport Service
Back