• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or were the sportscasters at superbowl biased to the Rams?

In my opinion it doesn't matter if it's NFL, NBA or college sports. The sportscasters always favor the coastal teams. Mostly NY and CA teams.

Did the sport casters play defense for Bengals? Can't be everybody wins. My team lost a couple of SBs. Beat Brady twice!

This is why I mute the volume during the games. I absolutely hate listening to the announcer's.....all of them. One minute they are praising a player like the second coming of Christ, and when that same player make a mistake...they tear him down. People who speak out of both sides of their mouths like that do not deserve to be heard.

I like Kevin Harlan. He’s the Westwood 1 radio guy. I tried listening to the radio broadcast with the game but it was about 20 seconds behind.

Actually I cannot comment on this subject matter because I didn't waste my time even tuning in. Just a waste of valuable time to get a tickle up ones leg. The NFL is a total waste and I still to this day have yet to tune in to a single game and that even includes...should they be on...my beloved Chi-town Bears. Pro sports in their entirety FOOKING SUCKS!!!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Stafford didn't deserve a ring from his days in Detroit because they weren't good enough to win enough games to get to the SB.
Yep, it was a dumb call but I don't think it was a mistake. Reminiscent of the Chiefs. First ajd goal onside the five and dont attack the end zone. Then on 4th down inside the 1 they pass behind the line of scrimmage instead of kicking the field goal.
Maybe you misread my intentions. I think Stafford does deserve a ring because he, for too many years put up with that horseshit franchise in Detroit. I have always said for many years he is an excellent QB with the wrong team. He should have demanded a trade long ago. But that’s not who he is. He’s a good soldier as someone else on here said earlier. I had always wished the Vikings could have cut a deal for him instead of that also ran Cousins that they paid such an ungodly sum for only to continue his mediocrity. Stafford does deserve his ring and I’m very happy for him.

If you deserve a ring because you played on a crappy team, why have the Super Bowl? Give everyone a ring as a participation award.
The only way you deserve it is if you earn it.

If you deserve a ring because you played on a crappy team, why have the Super Bowl? Give everyone a ring as a participation award.
The only way you deserve it is if you earn it.
Ok - I give up on you. Stafford deserves a ring - I believe he and his team won the Super Bowl.

Maybe you misread my intentions. I think Stafford does deserve a ring because he, for too many years put up with that horseshit franchise in Detroit.

They messed up Joey Harrington too..... Go Ducks

Ok - I give up on you. Stafford deserves a ring - I believe he and his team won the Super Bowl.
But he didnt deserve it for playing in Detroit.
But you did agree that he earned th ring Sunday.
Way to change tack. You went from deserving it for playing in Detroit to earning it by winning the Super Bowl, essentially agreeing with what I said.

Stafford was a good QB on a shitty team. If they had gotten some decent players on the Lions he could have led the team farther. That didn't happen and he got the opportunity to get the hell out of Detroit. He wound up on a team that had talent all across the field. He worked hard, all those years in Detroit, to get to the superbowl. Now he finally gets there, and wins the big game. I think he deserved the win too.

But he didnt deserve it for playing in Detroit.
But you did agree that he earned th ring Sunday.
Way to change tack. You went from deserving it for playing in Detroit to earning it by winning the Super Bowl, essentially agreeing with what I said.
All I can say is - “You’re a Trip” Anything to ensure you’re right I guess. Whatever Blows your dress up…

I am still trying to figure out how Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers have won only one Super Bowl a piece , and you guys are arguing about Stafford

All I can say is - “You’re a Trip” Anything to ensure you’re right I guess. Whatever Blows your dress up…
The only trip taken here was yours. You said one thing. I disagreed. Then you change your story, and agreed with me yet you say I'm wrong and now accuse me of doing what you did. Problem is, I quoted you so all the evidence is tbere for all to see.
Have you ever thought about a career in politics?

The reason the sportscasters favor the coastal teams is they are employed by the networks and the networks rely on viewership. Teams on the coasts have the largest viewerships, therefore they can charge more for ads.
Put two Midwest teams in there and its a revenue disaster according to the media. They feel its teams from "flyover country" and the people on the coasts wont watch.

Last edited:
How about we get back on the topic instead of going down the sewer ?

Reminder: the topic of this thread is.." is it just me or were the sportscasters at superbowl biased to the Rams ?

And I think I just explained why sportscasters are biased towards teams on the coast.

The only trip taken here was yours. You said one thing. I disagreed. Then you change your story, and agreed with me yet you say I'm wrong and now accuse me of doing what you did. Problem is, I quoted you so all the evidence is tbere for all to see.
Have you ever thought about a career in politics?

The reason the sportscasters favor the coastal teams is they are employed by the networks and the networks rely on viewership. Teams on the coasts have the largest viewerships, therefore they can charge more for ads.
Put two Midwest teams in there and its a revenue disaster according to the media. They feel its teams from "flyover country" and the people on the coasts wont watch.
Like I said - Anything to try and ensure you’re right. It’s people like you that make me glad I really don’t have to know you - I can just ignore. Another keyboard cowboy trying to start a bonehead argument just for argument's sake. My suggestion for you is to take a long walk off a short bridge - and don’t hold your breath.

Auto Transport Service
Back