• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let the rude comments commence

I think these are outstanding; and if I live long enough, I will build one

1693930667330.png

I like the car, too

Last edited:
I had a 400 sbc with 4 bolt mains. Truck engine maybe?... I took a set of heads to school (machine shop), they needed 2 holes drilled between each cylinder to match the block and the head gasket...... we shoved it in a ratty 68 vette with a solid cam (Crane Fireball, maybe Blazer?) and side pipes, it ran good!.......oh, the memories
This thing has a 4 bolt 406 in it that a smart chimp could have put together. I contemplated putting a 440 in it, but it would have been 200lbs heavier on the front end than an aluminum head 400 (I didn't bother to drill the steam holes, didn't seem to matter, it never ran hot)
Best of 6.32 eighth.

20210531_120226.jpg

View attachment 1520870

Nicest looking four-door Duster I've ever seen!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

:poke:

:lol:
Oh don't insult Dusters that way lol....hey, never did care too much for that body style....Duster that is or the Nova's. Like the body of a road runner or even one of the mid 60's square bodies but also liked the 66-70 Chargers too.

Just as the Ford Mustang was built off the Falcon platform, the Chevrolet Camaro was built off the Nova platform. I saw early prototype pictures of Chevrolet Novas with Camaro front end sheet metal on them.
The Camaro hit the streets in ‘66. The X body Chevy II a year later. So maybe the Nova was built off the Camaro. :D Kind of like how the ‘70 ‘Cuda became the ‘71 Satellite.

The Camaro hit the streets in ‘66. The X body Chevy II a year later. So maybe the Nova was built off the Camaro. :D Kind of like how the ‘70 ‘Cuda became the ‘71 Satellite.

lmao.......kinda like how the 69 Camaro became the 70 'Cuda :lol:

Please explain how the 70 Cuda became the 71 Satellite?

Well, you know what they say...4 doors, more whor....oh wait, this is the general forum.

The prototype pictures I saw showed 67 Camaro front sheet metal on a 65 Nova convertible body.

This is one thread that really really went in a different 'dretion' lol

Please explain how the 70 Cuda became the 71 Satellite?
I got my ‘70 ‘Cuda in February 1983. Then The ‘70 Charger in April 1985. The ‘Cuda looked nothing like the Charger under hood, because the cowl was covered by the hood to have “hidden wipers”. My brother got a ‘71 Satellite 2 door in ‘86, it looked pretty much the same as the ‘Cuda under hood. Same inner fenders and cowl, with the hidden wipers. I forget where I saw it but the ‘71 B bodies were supposed to debut in 1970. I’m not sure what held them up.

I’ve always thought the ‘70 ‘Cuda was the best looking ‘69 Camaro I ever saw. :D :thumbsup:
I liked the Cuda better....thought it was much better looking than the Camaro :D I remember when the 56 Belvedere came out looking a lot like the 57 Chevy.....and a year ahead of time.....thing is, the 57 Chevy was dressed out as a better looking car and well, the Chevy lovers flocked to it. Chrysler cars always took 2nd stage to the others.

Auto Transport Service
Back