• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let the rude comments commence

Just as the Ford Mustang was built off the Falcon platform, the Chevrolet Camaro was built off the Nova platform. I saw early prototype pictures of Chevrolet Novas with Camaro front end sheet metal on them.
Now that I wasn't aware of. Always saw them as F-body and X-body...But I've never been a connoisseur of either.

Nice More Door, base model...

all that matters, is you want it & you like it

Someone has no doubt said something like that already
I didn't read all of the comments

1693946121648.jpeg

"I was takin' a trip out to LA;
toolin' along in my Chevrolet........"

Nova’s are my favorite Chevrolet muscle car. Buddy had 2 - L78 Novas. One was a 4 speed. Most fun car ever. All stock but headers and slicks ran 12.2s. About sh….t myself first ride.

The Camaro hit the streets in ‘66. The X body Chevy II a year later. So maybe the Nova was built off the Camaro. :D Kind of like how the ‘70 ‘Cuda became the ‘71 Satellite.
First year for Camaro was the '67 model, the 2nd gen. Chevy II came out for 1966.

The HEART BURN OF AMERICA todays chevrolet , nice plow car you got there Nick :poke:

First year for Camaro was the '67 model, the 2nd gen. Chevy II came out for 1966.
The 1st gen Camaro hit the streets in the fall of ‘66 as the F body. The 3rd gen Chevy II hit the streets in the fall of ‘67 as the X body, which shared suspension and architecture with the F body.The Chevy II came out in ‘61 as a ‘62 MY car.

Lol just deciphering the loss of translation
I’m looking for a July 1965 440 block. I’ve had quite a few say the first 440 was 1966. I’m not sure exactly when Chrysler started casting 440 blocks but, I’ve already seen a 3-12-65 casting. They were in the C and D bodies that were being assembled starting 8-65 for the 1966 MY.

You are correct in my opinion. Had a friend with a 396 SD 396 and a friend with a SS. SD interior was a lot nicer in finish and looks.
The Pontiac/Oakland club used to sponsor a yearly car show at Pypes not far from where I live. And 2 of them showed up there one year. The ‘67 had the GTO dash. There was also a ‘68 that looked way more like a Chevelle. I didn’t dig the grill on that one, but the slotted taillights looked kool. Another interesting car I saw at that show was a ‘74 Formula with the SD455. It had none of the Trans Am stuff. No rear spoiler, no fender spats or front spoiler, and no fender vents. It did however have a shaker. All the SD455’s had it, even though it was non functional from the factory. Interestingly, the ‘74 “Nova” GTO had a functional shaker on the 350 that year.

The ‘68.
46E918C4-B4F8-4B12-A0A6-F57905077305.jpeg
51545DE9-8FD9-4E60-8C35-86F627D410E5.jpeg
2E14E651-D36B-4320-9B8C-21687FDFBF26.jpeg
0F9BF5F6-1DB9-4627-A398-F61A34D9FF8F.jpeg

Last edited:
The 1st gen Camaro hit the streets in the fall of ‘66 as the F body. The 3rd gen Chevy II hit the streets in the fall of ‘67 as the X body, which shared suspension and architecture with the F body.The Chevy II came out in ‘61 as a ‘62 MY car.
Agreed on when the 1st gen Camaro hit the streets. Irrelevant when the 3rd gen Chevy II came out as the Camaro was based on the 2nd gen Chevy II from the previous year which was the X platform that the F body was based on.

Agreed on when the 1st gen Camaro hit the streets. Irrelevant when the 3rd gen Chevy II came out as the Camaro was based on the 2nd gen Chevy II from the previous year which was the X platform that the F body was based on.
The 3rd gen Chevy II had a separate front subframe… the exact same design as the Camaro. That was completely new for ‘68.

Auto Transport Service
Back