• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let the rude comments commence

Lookit, I was "learnt" on Chevies (and GMs in general) in my wee teens.
No ill will against them; hell, they're great for learning on and I had several $100 specials
(for some reason, no Fords to speak of, nor Mopars in those days).

The 307 was the first engine I totally rebuilt from scratch. Problem was, when I was done
it ran fine - but it was still just a 307 with a freakin' slip n slide Powerglide, no less. :)
All those parts were mail-order from PAW or some such, nothing expensive for sure.
Probably even some from JC Whitney!

I gradually worked my way up to a sweet '68 396SS Chevelle, black on black on black.
Nice car, thought it was fast at the time...but then a young fella's head is turned by a "stock"
383 RoadRunner at the illegal street drags one Friday night....and he learns.
Chevies are fine for learnin' on - but when it's time to graduate to a real car, well...
With the exception of my beloved '89 5.0, it's been ALL Mopar for the last 40+ years here.
Still is. :thumbsup:

1985 chevy G Body. 60 chevy dash.
IMG_20191.jpg

Lookit, I was "learnt" on Chevies (and GMs in general) in my wee teens.
No ill will against them; hell, they're great for learning on and I had several $100 specials
(for some reason, no Fords to speak of, nor Mopars in those days).

The 307 was the first engine I totally rebuilt from scratch. Problem was, when I was done
it ran fine - but it was still just a 307 with a freakin' slip n slide Powerglide, no less. :)
All those parts were mail-order from PAW or some such, nothing expensive for sure.
Probably even some from JC Whitney!

I gradually worked my way up to a sweet '68 396SS Chevelle, black on black on black.
Nice car, thought it was fast at the time...but then a young fella's head is turned by a "stock"
383 RoadRunner at the illegal street drags one Friday night....and he learns.
Chevies are fine for learnin' on - but when it's time to graduate to a real car, well...
With the exception of my beloved '89 5.0, it's been ALL Mopar for the last 40+ years here.
Still is. :thumbsup:

I have often referred to building Chevys as "kindergarten" :D

The Camaro was built off the Chevy II/ Nova platform. Front subframe on a unitized cabin.
First year for Camaro was the '67 model, the 2nd gen. Chevy II came out for 1966.

The 1st gen Camaro hit the streets in the fall of ‘66 as the F body. The 3rd gen Chevy II hit the streets in the fall of ‘67 as the X body, which shared suspension and architecture with the F body.The Chevy II came out in ‘61 as a ‘62 MY car.

The Camaro was built off the Chevy II/ Nova platform. Front subframe on a unitized cabin.
The new for 1967 Camaro/Firebird F bodies had a completely different front subframe and suspension. It didn’t interchange with the ‘62-‘67 Chevy II. The 1968 Chevy II had the same subframe as the F bodies, used the same suspension and brakes.

We're not talking "interchangability". The platform design was the same. It's like saying the 73 b-bodys weren't the same, since they used a variation with an isolated k-frame.

We're not talking "interchangability". The platform design was the same. It's like saying the 73 b-bodys weren't the same, since they used a variation with an isolated k-frame.
Kinda like some that compare a 68 Dart under pinnings to a 68 B body.....they look the same (or really close) but not much interchanges.

That’s the plow from our ATV we store in the barn. When I moved the Nova yesterday it resulted in this scene.

Let the crude comments begin. Especially from all you anti-Chevy guys. Let’s hear it!
Whatchu got?

:lol:

View attachment 1520379
Did my drivers test in my mothers 69 Camaro, blue, black vinyl top, 307, power glide. Nice ride, keeping olds rides alive.

That’s exactly what I was talking about.
Ever wonder why the factory didn’t build a big block Chevy II until the ‘68 redesign… that used Camaro components? You couldn’t even get one from Nickey, Dana, or Yenko.

That’s exactly what I was talking about.
Ever wonder why the factory didn’t build a big block Chevy II until the ‘68 redesign… that used Camaro components? You couldn’t even get one from Nickey, Dana, or Yenko.
Same reason Ma Mopar didn't offer a big block in a early A. No room.

Auto Transport Service
Back