• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lift installation question..... and tips?

From what I'm reading my suggestion would be do as your mentioning but I'd favor the lift towards the garage door so the nose of your car would be inside but the lift still isn't. That not being a load bearing wall I'd definitely open that door up too.

I figure what ever end of the car I'm working on can be positioned toward the shop..... I would like the option of closing the door with a car on the lift for storage purposes; one on the lift and one under it. I know 20' isn't ideal, but it's what I have to work with, I may go 22'; that puts me 6 ' from the fence....... the door opening is 10', not messing with that any time soon.

Last edited:
I live for overkill....... I whipped a set of these together in a day; it was fun and didn't cost a dime......

I had everything in stock, lol........ instead of buying anchors, borrowing a 1/2 inch hammer drill, and wasting a day running around. They will be in place prior to the pour, flush with the surface. Probably gonna be sitting on 2 other pieces making them 8 inches deep. Gonna install caps to keep concrete out of the threads and bolt areas.

IMG_20180323_220903.jpg
IMG_20180323_220816.jpg
IMG_20180323_231333.jpg
IMG_20180324_003812.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back