• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help! Weiand 6bbl intake does NOT fit under my 70 N96 hood. Options?

I'm having trouble discerning the price from the ad, but if it's over $500, it's not really right for what I decided on. I want a "taller power bulge" or cowl style hood that will accommodate the factory oval air cleaner width and height of course. That way I can still have the Air Grabber door, but I'll probably have to use the A12 fresh air base and rubber hood seal.
It does look like it would work, and I'd buy one cheap just to have a hood for tuning and track trips until I can decide if I want to use the Weiand now or only once I get the 540 stroker build going.

This is what started my borderline madness, and this isn't the only setup like this "out there". I think this is setup to flow 2,400 cfm. Funny thing is that the short throttle bodies may actually fit under my current N96 hood...
View attachment 958337 View attachment 958338
Pretty slick but I would look at putting the injector bungs on the bottom of the intake so all of that is hidden for a cleaner install. A custom valley pan would keep the oil off of it.

I would look at putting the injector bungs on the bottom of the intake
Like this? (See X marks)
Screenshot_20200602-175740_Gallery.jpg

It is! Been a while. You holding up OK?
glad to have you back :thumbsup:
this place is better with you here...

been a while for sure
saw you post on a Concord old Plymouth dealership thread :bananaweed:

No. Closer to center to use a single fuel rail and take advantage of atomization and heat absorption while traveling down the runner.
I thought it was better to have the injectors close to the valve? I don't really know. I'm sure Bruce at F&B is well versed in the "DPI ARTS"
Can you draw what you're talking about or do you have a picture of something like that? Sorry, but I'm not seeing it.

I thought it was better to have the injectors close to the valve? I don't really know. I'm sure Bruce at F&B is well versed in the "DPI ARTS"
Can you draw what you're talking about or do you have a picture of something like that? Sorry, but I'm not seeing it.
Similar location but a lower angle where the injectors point to the center and one rail runs up the center.

5D44E1D6-254B-4507-9BC7-F3F880DDD5E4.jpeg

Similar location but a lower angle where the injectors point to the center and one rail runs up the center.

View attachment 958777
So you're suggesting the injectors enter the intake runners at a higher position, where you drew the fuel rail? That's something I would have to ask Bruce at F&B about. Thanks, I do like the stealth appearance of that, especially if I go through the expense of polishing or otherwise "dressing up" the intake.
I am going to look at whether or not the short height of the throttle bodies (vs the Holley 2bbl carbs) will allow me to use my current N96 hood. The cost savings of not having to buy a new hood and the visual appeal of my current N96 hood would defer the substantial cost of the F&B direct port injection system. Once I had the F&B setup up and running, I may sell my Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake and Promax modded Holley carbs to further offset the cost of the F&B 3x2 EFI system.
Hmmmm....

So you're suggesting the injectors enter the intake runners at a higher position, where you drew the fuel rail? That's something I would have to ask Bruce at F&B about. Thanks, I do like the stealth appearance of that, especially if I go through the expense of polishing or otherwise "dressing up" the intake.
I am going to look at whether or not the short height of the throttle bodies (vs the Holley 2bbl carbs) will allow me to use my current N96 hood. The cost savings of not having to buy a new hood and the visual appeal of my current N96 hood would defer the substantial cost of the F&B direct port injection system. Once I had the F&B setup up and running, I may sell my Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake and Promax modded Holley carbs to further offset the cost of the F&B 3x2 EFI system.
Hmmmm....
Yes, the injectors would all spray up and one rail could be used for all. If he wants them closer to the valve, at the port opening, the picture is another variation.

9C359969-7941-41DB-97E5-5A7F74883FB2.jpeg

@Hemirunner
Thanks a lot. Pretty cool idea, and it would let all of this "shiny" show. These are the only pics of a polished Weiand I can find, and I wouldn't have the spacers. I know @CudaChick1968 has received a NOS new in the box Weiand 6bbl intake so she can work her magic on the finish.
I think it's being powder coated in the "chrome" finish. Anyway, I think this is a beautiful sight!
100_1215.jpg
100_1216.jpg

Now picture that polished manifold with the F&B throttle bodies on it...gorgeous!

Yes, the injectors would all spray up and one rail could be used for all. If he wants them closer to the valve, at the port opening, the picture is another variation.

View attachment 958954
How do the injectors install? Generally they push into their respective holes and the rail pushes onto the injectors. So one side would go in fine. How does the other side fit in one common rail? Is there a different type injector I do not know about?
Mike

How do the injectors install? Generally they push into their respective holes and the rail pushes onto the injectors. So one side would go in fine. How does the other side fit in one common rail? Is there a different type injector I do not know about?
Mike
The common rail has to be inline and they are all pointing up vertically. The bungs would be in a line as pictured in red. The second option as pictured has to be a two rail system and the injectors angle slightly to make room. You can also use threaded injectors that screw into the bung and just get hard line (or AN lines) screwed to the tops.

6AF75CCE-F8AE-4E70-821D-D3D120E38AE8.jpeg

Last edited:
... I know @CudaChick1968 has received a NOS new in the box Weiand 6bbl intake so she can work her magic on the finish.
I think it's being powder coated in the "chrome" finish. ...

It will be my match for brand new aluminum, Alien Silver, with a clear coat. It's overwhelmingly the most popular choice for intakes.
Though new, its already had some mods done for EFI before it arrived. It's coming up in line soon! :D

It will be my match for brand new aluminum, Alien Silver, with a clear coat. It's overwhelmingly the most popular choice for intakes.
Though new, its already had some mods done for EFI before it arrived. It's coming up in line soon! :D
When you have finished, you know...:xscuseless:

:thumbsup: :bananadance::drinks: :luvplace: :thankyou:

Indeed it has brother!! Im doing well. Hows by you?

My apologies fer bombing yer thread, Bio. Alex is a long-lost Patriot from days of yore.
Just figured out how to find this conversation. lol. I'm plugging along. Last couple of years hasn't been fun with all the moving and I still haven't recovered (nor found or set up all my tools). We have to catch up. By the way, can't help but notice the biomedtechguy handle. Tell him my specialty is rebuilding SCIEX turbomolecular pumps. He may know what those are.

Auto Transport Service
Back