• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jersey school bus crash

I read the bus driver had 14 license suspensions, 8 speeding tickets, a careless driving ticket, an improper turn ticket. Does this get considered when applying for a job driving a school bus ?

All true, but it sounds a lot worse than it is... all those suspensions were for unpaid parking tickets and administrative issues. He had 8 speeding tickets.... since 1975.

I think he’s one of those borderline vagrants that some schools hire out of the kindness of their heart. Shame they shoulda made him a grounds keeper like most districts do.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/driver_in_fatal_school_bus_crash_had_a_long_histor.html

Eight speeding tickets is eight to many when it comes to driving children on a school bus. The suspensions for parking tickets while it sounds not terrible, it goes to character, possibly being irresponsible. A poor choice for a school bus driver. That school district is in deep **** and who ever hired this guy should be fired.
Think about it, your in a position to hire a bus driver for your school district. You check out for a criminal record, past violations, proper licensing. There is no guarantee in life this driver you hired will never have a accident involving the kids, but you do your best to make sure you hired the best and safest most responsible driver and then you lay your head on your pillow at night and go to sleep. How do you think the person who hired this driver is sleeping tonight?

Thanks for that elaborate article on his driving record. Although technically it may not " disqualify" him, does it qualify him ?

Eight speeding tickets is eight to many when it comes to driving children on a school bus. The suspensions for parking tickets while it sounds not terrible, it goes to character, possibly being irresponsible. A poor choice for a school bus driver. That school district is in deep **** and who ever hired this guy should be fired.
Think about it, your in a position to hire a bus driver for your school district. You check out for a criminal record, past violations, proper licensing. There is no guarantee in life this driver you hired will never have a accident involving the kids, but you do your best to make sure you hired the best and safest most responsible driver and then you lay your head on your pillow at night and go to sleep. How do you think the person who hired this driver is sleeping tonight?

The question that person should have asked was would he/she put their kid on a bus with that guy driving? My kids would not get on a bus with that driver if I knew about it. With all the talk about safe guarding our kids, how much thought and regulation is put into hiring drivers who transport our kids twice a day???

I drove a school bus in the 70's. Pay was marginal. McCormack Equipment. Had a tilt nose International with a 4 speed v8 4 barrel. Had to chain them up in winter, if it ran out of fuel you were fired. Never a mishap. Loved taking the girls to VoTech! Missed an exit taking Girl Scouts to the Frankilin Institute in Philly. Went to the next exit. I was pretty much a moron in my early 20's but would not have attempted that move.

I think I read somewhere the guy was making like $25k a year? At at that pay grade, I’d bet it’s tough to find qualified drivers. I’d be surprised if there weren’t many more with records like his.

Charged with two counts of vehicular homicide. Reported the bus was almost perpendicular to the lanes of traffic when attempted to U turn Drivers son says his father denies making the U turn.

Charged with two counts of vehicular homicide. Reported the bus was almost perpendicular to the lanes of traffic when attempted to U turn Drivers son says his father denies making the U turn.

He’s got no choice. Deny it and hope to discredit the source of the video? Maybe he can say their was an obstruction in the road that the video does not capture.

Poor dumb bastard is going to the big house for a while. Gets what he deserves.

I was in New Jersey yesterday, and they have big screen televisions in the service areas, asking for witnesses who may have seen the bus crash to contact them.

I was in New Jersey yesterday, and they have big screen televisions in the service areas, asking for witnesses who may have seen the bus crash to contact them.

Yeah they have a couple of info screens near me that sometimes flash a request for witnesses for local accidents, especially with fatalities.

34984854_1485114018289553_6956736005969805312_n.jpg

My biggest pet peeve is those damn RV's. They are built on the EXACT same chassis as my Peterbilt. They come complete with the same drivetrain, including air brakes. Most are driven by retired/over 65 drivers. Yet they don't require anything more than a class C license. Not one second of training is required. If you have $200,000, you drive it away. I am a professional driver with 30 years of experience and the DOT watches my EVERY move. Makes me sick.

ironbuilt. i can tell you some war story about these weekend warriors and the stuff they drive. its sad and scary to think its o.k. for a 18 yr old driving his parents around the u.s.a with zero training. or better yet dad buys one for the family and leaves the keys hanging in it for whoever wants to borrower it. i can't tell you how many times i have replaced the brake system on one of those rv because they burned them up coming down the hill and it has 20,000 miles on it. be safe on the blacktop

How many of those 65 year old rv drivers are going to try to push for 42 hrs. straight time on the road, to make it to their destination, while trying to haul that extra 10,000 lbs?

Auto Transport Service
Back