• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not that it matters….

Pool Fixer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
But it does a little….

Hamtramck 318 car. 8 3/4 housing hasn’t been out of it as far as I can tell. I’m gonna clean and paint it and I uncovered these yellow marks. Car is far from stock but I was curious is this is possibly a factory inspection mark?

IMG_4633.jpeg

IMG_4634.jpeg

More than likely, especially since the color under the black is yellow.

More than likely, especially since the color under the black is yellow.
Here’s another pic taken 5 min before… it’s been hiding under that gack for 56 years. My phone put those white dots in pic. Not sure why

IMG_4630.jpeg

I want to clean it more and paint it. This is not a high dollar car nor is it a restoration by any stretch of the imagination so I hope I’m not committing a mopar sin by scrubbing it off

Not positive on this.. But I think I read somewhere that the yellow marks indicated that there was indeed lube in the rear end ???

I want to clean it more and paint it. This is not a high dollar car nor is it a restoration by any stretch of the imagination so I hope I’m not committing a mopar sin by scrubbing it off
You may get your fingers smacked with a ruler by the Purist Police, so I wouldn't worry about it.
1706997821579.png

On very nice original 8.75 rears I have seen the body designation painted on the rear in that location...for a B Body...a large B

Look at this thread posted just after yours (for the rear)

It's your car...do as you please.

What do you want for your last meal?

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

Just tell the Purist Police that your 4 year old crawled under there with a tire crayon and created some art. Not original, just a kid having some fun.

Is this your 440 car? The one you want to put the hemi in? You'll surely be changing that 741 anyway.

Is this your 440 car? The one you want to put the hemi in? You'll surely be changing that 741 anyway.
742 on the shelf ready to go in.... I dont ever see putting a dana 60 in at the Hp level I desire. Uncovering the mark is the result of a dr diff rear disc install and I'm cleaning and painting some stuff while I'm in there. scraped and painted shock mount plates, housing. Not a pro job, just a quickie clean and spray can.

Hemi will be ways off by the time I get one built and get time to put it in the car.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back