• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint, what is the best

Other things in life kept me from getting any work done this weekend, so hopefully this next week I'll test it out, keep your fingers crossed---toes wouldn't hurt either.

I'm drinkin and thinkin aboutcha! Good luck 5.7. Once again, watch the paint hit the panel, medium wet...should have a bit of a shine to it. Bring the gun in closer if she's not cooperatin'
Cheers from the great warm north.

Thanks 66bbody4ever, I did not have any time this evening to test drive the new gun, my buddy came over to borrow my engine hoist and bsing started. We'll see about tomorrow. I have an idea of how to paint, dip the whole damn car in primer, wait for the flash, then dip it the paint---done.lol!

Gotta admit, there would not be any bare or thin spots!

Wow,finally a forum with other painters that I can agree with! P.S. were not all drunks:no:

Yeah, I can't drink and then paint. If I have even one drink before I paint, I will screw it up. The Roadrunner pic's is before buffing it out. :penguins paint pixi

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

I got a quart of the duplicolor paint system, and I'm gonna try it out on the hood scoop. Looking forward to see how it will go on and more importantly, look.

Thats a lacquer paint. If you decide you dont like it you need to strip it all off. The thinner will melt any other paint you put on top of it.

so you only paint YOURSELF when you're NOT drinking??????????????

kinky:rolling:

What do you use to wipe down the car/parts before you prime/paint? What do you recommend?

Wax & grease remover, two lint free clothes. Wet the surface (with an atomizer or wet cloth) and wipe only in one direction with the first cloth, immediatly follow by the second cleaner cloth in the opposite. The cleaner evaporates rapidly so wipe small areas, ie: half a hood, roof, etc. Make sure you wet the surface well, the correct procedure is to spray the cleaner onto the surface so's to float contaminants then wipe them off, however, it can be accomplished by wetting a clean cloth and wiping. It's a solvent and quite volatile, ventilation and gloves...cheers

I figured out why the GRAINY, SANDY look was happening. The cleaner that I have been using was making so much static eletricity that the primer was just balling up when it hit the scoop. Also, if I touched any metal part after wiping it down, I would get shocked big time, why did it take so long for me to figure this out----DAMN GOOD QUESTION, let me know the answer cause I don't. No more of that stuff, I'm gonna switch to a different brand. Thanks for answering my question---my offer is still open.lol.

The static problem isn't from the cleaner, its from you wiping an ungrounded panel and creating static electricity. You can do one of two things in this case, ground the panel and destat yourself prior to cleaning/painting or the cheapest easiest way is to ground your self (simply holding the panel) while wiping/sanding and then statically discharging yourself prior to spraying. Wetsanding/rinsing the panel can help if the primer you are using permits using water! Make sure the panel is very dry before applying topcoats/undercoats eh!

Auto Transport Service
Back