• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadside Score!

My best score was a 6500W generator that someone just dumped at the transfer station, no idea if it was good or not but scrap alone would be worth a few bucks so I wrested it into my truck. Got it home and started diagnosis...turned out the needle and seat in the carb had stuck open and filled the motor with fuel...guess they went to use it and it was hydro-locked and assumed it was junk so tossed it. Drained the oil and fuel, let it air out for a day or two, pulled the carb apart and cleaned everything, some fresh oil and fuel and it fired right up!

Now I have a generator panel in my house and it runs the well, furnace, fridge, some lights and a few outlets!
Score! I bought one a couple months ago, for $700, and that was with a $200 discount.

score, for a good/decent second box :thumbsup:

The road salvage gods are good indeed. Never pass up an offering from the RSG, lest they quit offering go goodies. My Friday offering, and yes, I stop for just about anything except bungee cords and broken ratchet straps.

The scaffolding section was fridays offering, but the 4’ ladder is also a road salvage piece.

A0351431-E002-4C1E-9F67-C91F017B0A1B.jpeg

Two years ago, I scored a pretty decent ,96 Dakota tailgate. Which is good because I own a 93!

My town landfill has a "take it or leave it" table, today's score was a pretty rusty but savable metal toolbox. There was also an 06-11 Charger spoiler wing which I left there as no room to store and difficult to sell / ship. If it was newer (post -13) I would have grabbed it.

Last edited:
I've scored several pressure washers as well...one honda powered gas unit, and several electric units. All worked with a little tinkering and/or small repairs. Most were missing hoses and wands but I just wait till spring when universal units go on sale, about $50 for a hose and wand with tips...Usually get between $125-$200 for each one.

But I scavenge lumber and building supplies as well...built this 10x10 wood shed from some of that stuff, other then one piece of tin for the roof, a couple brackets and some screws and washers. Think It cost me about $125.

PpRqNuwh.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back