• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling On B.A.T.

azblackhemi

Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone sold a car on B.A.T.? If so, how did you make out? What was the cost? How was the procedure? I'm thinking of selling either the 79 300 or the 74 Monaco wagon. Just don't need both cars to drive, maintain and store. Thanks for any input.

Any reason you wouldn’t post for sale on here? There are allot of late model B body guys here and c body guys as well. If nothing else would likely go to a good home.

Any reason you wouldn’t post for sale on here? There are allot of late model B body guys here and c body guys as well. If nothing else would likely go to a good home.
I could and might do that too but B.A.T. seems to bring prices at or near the top of the market value. It's not all about the money but I've put a lot of time and money into both these cars so I would like to at least recoup my investment.

I could and might do that too but B.A.T. seems to bring prices at or near the top of the market value. It's not all about the money but I've put a lot of time and money into both these cars so I would like to at least recoup my investment.

Then just sell them at B-J, you'll triple your money and be done with it!!!

I would agree if we were taking about a GTX or Roadrunner or Cuda, etc. But for more generic models and especially mid-late 70s cars, I don’t think you are going to find that (top of the market) to necessarily be the case. I would list them here first where the Mopar guys gather and then if you don’t get the interest you think you should, consider BaT. I’ve seen a few early Hemi cars end up no sale on the site because of lack of interest. A lot of those watchers are there for the Euro cars, late models, etc. I do think it’s probably the best on-line car auction site out there though.

I’m pretty sure you have to submit your car… and be “invited” to sell there.

I’m pretty sure you have to submit your car… and be “invited” to sell there.
Yes, I've heard that. I don't think it will be a problem them accepting the 300. While it's certainly not a Hemi Cuda or a wing car it is a rare at least somewhat collectible car. The wagon I'm not sure although I have seen lesser cars listed there.
C3005.jpg
20230215_162148.jpg

Kinda ironic that you bring this up today as I am preparing the documentation to submit my car to BaT...
I have purchased two cars from the site over the years and that went smoothly both times.
As far as selling, the costs range anywhere from $100 on up, depending on what type of ad and whether you want to splash for professional pictures and detailing or not. Simply go to their home page and click on the 'submit a vehicle' tab and read - its fairly straightforward. I have not sold anything there yet, but a friendly acquaintance has peddled several vehicles there over the years and says its really quite simple. HOWEVER - as has been noted - one must 'submit' the vehicle for 'approval'. These days - since the site was sold to a major media conglomerate [hearst I believe but don't quote me] it has become basically an online high end used car lot; seems only one out of every 4 or 5 cars is something other than a late model Porsche or BMW and is not being sold by a dealer. They do however have some interesting/affordable cars and bikes, you just hafta get lucky and hope your submission tickles the 'screener's ' fancy. The 300 is unique enough that I would imagine it will be accepted. And BaT seems to like old wagons these days.
BaT has a huge following across the country and even the world. Cars seem to bring silly money on that site - best of luck. And wish me the same... :)

Yes, I've heard that. I don't think it will be a problem them accepting the 300. While it's certainly not a Hemi Cuda or a wing car it is a rare at least somewhat collectible car. The wagon I'm not sure although I have seen lesser cars listed there.
View attachment 1432403View attachment 1432405
Was that wagon featured in one of the Mopar magazines? I recall the article but am fuzzy on the specifics. The wagon had a Gear Vendors and dual gas tanks for incredible range...

Kinda ironic that you bring this up today as I am preparing the documentation to submit my car to BaT...
I have purchased two cars from the site over the years and that went smoothly both times.
As far as selling, the costs range anywhere from $100 on up, depending on what type of ad and whether you want to splash for professional pictures and detailing or not. Simply go to their home page and click on the 'submit a vehicle' tab and read - its fairly straightforward. I have not sold anything there yet, but a friendly acquaintance has peddled several vehicles there over the years and says its really quite simple. HOWEVER - as has been noted - one must 'submit' the vehicle for 'approval'. These days - since the site was sold to a major media conglomerate [hearst I believe but don't quote me] it has become basically an online high end used car lot; seems only one out of every 4 or 5 cars is something other than a late model Porsche or BMW and is not being sold by a dealer. They do however have some interesting/affordable cars and bikes, you just hafta get lucky and hope your submission tickles the 'screener's ' fancy. The 300 is unique enough that I would imagine it will be accepted. And BaT seems to like old wagons these days.
BaT has a huge following across the country and even the world. Cars seem to bring silly money on that site - best of luck. And wish me the same... :)
Thanks for this Info. Please post a link if they accept your car.

Was that wagon featured in one of the Mopar magazines? I recall the article but am fuzzy on the specifics. The wagon had a Gear Vendors and dual gas tanks for incredible range...
No, not the same. This one is basically a survivor all stock other than the wheels. It came to me with the stock wheels and wheel covers which I may put back on.
20230111_113103.jpg

I like the Barn Finds site. They just direct viewers to whatever CL or FB site you are advertising on. It doesn't cost anything. It has some POS's and some nice cars listed. I have fun looking there almost every day.

Auto Transport Service
Back