• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So my buddy was given a FREE 68 Charger...

I didn't want to piss on the OP's topic but yeah...That car looks heavily rotted underneath. The front that low means the torsion bar crossmember has rusted through and allowed the sockets to break. The lower body panels are indicative of rotten floors. If you dipped that car, you may only get a roof and firewall back.
I agree, looks like a major project. At least the grill looks to be worth a lot more than he paid for the car.

It all depends on your skills and work ethic. Without more pics its hard to tell.
Those quarters look like great white took a bite out of them. Hard to imagine what the trunk pan looks like among other things.
Still, it's a 68 Charger. Looks like a good candidate to be tubbed and made into a racer to me.

The way chargers are I’d put it up for trade and see what the offers are

Our bridges n roads in the rust belt states suffer the same fate..... salt cancer

Good for your buddy! Ignore all the negative nancies, in here, if he srarts working on it and addresses one thing at a time, he will end up with a beautiful charger that he did himself. I would have ran there like my hair was on fire if I was offered that for free. My challenger looks to be in about the same shape, at least they make all the parts to save them now. Have him start a build thread.

Last edited:
If your friend is going to do the work himself and keep it for himself (insert family heirloom), then by all means, he could swing for the fence.

If your friend plans on building this Charger out and making some money in the process, I would HIGHLY suggest that he stay in the dugout, or better yet, not even go to the ball field.

There is no win playing that game!

Auto Transport Service
Back