• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soooo got bad news last week

Small update for people who havent seen ....when I had my original surgery they could NOT get all of the tumor out because it had grown into my skull so they got as much as they could .....Well with my newest mri the tumor is slowly but surely coming back unfortunately
Damn Damn Damn

Sorry to hear that. Hoping they come up with a plan. Good luck to you.

Small update for people who havent seen ....when I had my original surgery they could NOT get all of the tumor out because it had grown into my skull so they got as much as they could .....Well with my newest mri the tumor is slowly but surely coming back unfortunately
I'm sure that is the sort of news that makes you feel like you've been thrown under the bus. Is there anything, such as targeted radiation that could take over where the surgery left off?

That sucks. So, what is the new plan ? Do they want to go back in and make another try to remove it completely? Radiation, Chemotherapy, what’s next ?

As they say in Letterkenny “ Pitter patter, let’s get at her”

Dam sorry to read this Nick, I hope they figure out a new direction to take for treatment.
Prayers for you and yours.

I'm sure that is the sort of news that makes you feel like you've been thrown under the bus. Is there anything, such as targeted radiation that could take over where the surgery left off?
There is here it's called Cyberknife. They can target a tumor as small as 1/16th of an inch in diameter. I had it done to the remnants of the tumor in my spine. Very successful.

That is some tough news, prayers sent your way.

Sorry to hear that, Nick. Keep fighting!

OK for anyone that asked the next steps etc.....

When I originally had my surgery in July of 2021 they couldnt get all of the tumor cause it had grown into my skull and were just keeping an eye on it .....NOW its slowly growing back but for now its too small to do another surgery so for now its mri's every 6 months and bloodwork constantly

I'm stepping out on a limb here. I'm assuming you have insurance, insurance companies will dictate the treatment you can get. I'm not telling you what to do,but I would get a 2nd opinion and explore every treatment option whether it's covered or not. My best friend didn't, he accepted the insurance companies treatment and paid with his life. He only lived 2 years after diagnosis and he should have survived. My prayers are with you sir.

I'm stepping out on a limb here. I'm assuming you have insurance, insurance companies will dictate the treatment you can get. I'm not telling you what to do,but I would get a 2nd opinion and explore every treatment option whether it's covered or not. My best friend didn't, he accepted the insurance companies treatment and paid with his life. He only lived 2 years after diagnosis and he should have survived. My prayers are with you sir.

Its not a cancerous tumor ....the first one i had grew big enough to press on the optic nerves for my eyes and almost made me go blind ....as soon as it was taken out my vision was back to 20-20 ....like I said its too small to do anything right now ..its not in theory hurting anything now but as soon as it gets to a certain size it will have to come out ...the last one destroyed my body that I now have to get testosterone shots every other week...take thyroid pills and steroids everyday

Auto Transport Service
Back